new to irn ownership

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Deosil

new to irn ownership

Post by Deosil »

Hey guys :)

I just adopted my first indian ringneck, a beautiful girl named Lola. She is 8 years old.

All my previous experience in owning birds has been cockatiels mainly and one amazon parrot (at one point I took in a magpie chick that had been abandoned, now that was an experience!)

I have admired the ringneck species for some time and am glad to now be a forever home for this girl.

I can't wait to see what challenges and quirks lie ahead :)
Attachments
IMG-20131109-00295.jpg
Skyes_crew

Re: new to irn ownership

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi deosil and welcome :D

You have a pretty girl there. A magpie!!! Wow, that must have been quite an experience. What ever happened to the bird?
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Hi and welcome Deosil and Lola
Just takin a break !

Deosil

Post by Deosil »

Skyes_crew wrote:Hi deosil and welcome :D

You have a pretty girl there. A magpie!!! Wow, that must have been quite an experience. What ever happened to the bird?
Unfortunately,the magpie was just too young to be saved, I managed to sustain its life for about a week and a half but it sadly passed away, we had tried to get help from wildlife authorities but they didn't have the facilities to take in the bird, so they provided us with info on how to feed it and stuff but it just wasn't good enough sadly.
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Welcome to you both Deosil :)
Loo :)