Introduction

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Mikesringnecks

Introduction

Post by Mikesringnecks »

Hi, my name is Mike Geary from NSW Australia. I have kept birds for over 60 years but not on a large scale. I retired about 10 years ago and decided learn avian genetics and keep only indian ringnecks as they are beautiful and have numerous mutations.
At full capacity I can breed 12 pairs each year and my focus these days is on cleartail mutations. The current season is a bit problematical because I imposed the pairings on the birds and wouldn't return them to the partners they had selected in the off season flock. There was no violence, but a fair degree of infertility with 3 of 11 pairs producing infertile clutches and a few others starting the season laying off the perch and/or starting their clutches with infertile eggs. Things have improved latterly as they settled down to raising chicks and all the infertile pairs are working well as dedicated foster parents.
Kind regards
Mike
Doodlebug

Re: Introduction

Post by Doodlebug »

Hi, welcome mike.

I'm not clued up at all on the breeding side i'm afraid but I know many are that post in the 'Breeding' section so I guess that would be the place to post any of your enquiries if you had any, good luck and enjoy the site.

Loo :)
Loo :)
sheyd

Re: Introduction

Post by sheyd »

Hi Mike- glad you made it to the forum :) as you were a member of Terry's old site, you're sure to see some familiar names here.

Mutations/Genetics section is your best place to discuss mutations and certain breedings
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Hope you enjoy it here