hi from Greece

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Nikolais

hi from Greece

Post by Nikolais »

Hi i'm Nikolais and i am new here... I got my first indian ringneck 2 months ago it is 4 months old now handfeed baby we still don't know if it is a male or a female i'm waiting for the results of the dna test in a week...... i also have a pair of grey cockatiels a lovebirs and a pair of budgies...thanks for having me here...
AlphaWolf

Re: hi from Greece

Post by AlphaWolf »

Welcome to the forum. Just joined myself a couple of hours. :) What colour is your new indian ringneck? Mine is a beautiful green that I love. Take care.
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

hi there mine is green too they are sooo fanny little guys..i'm trying to find out how to post photos but it's realy hard.
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Last edited by AlphaWolf on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

OMG, mine too. Funny in a really cheeky way. Mmm...how old is your ringneck btw? Mine is 8 months old.

AlphaWolf
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Hi Nikolais and welcome. Nice to see another bird lover here :)

I haven't had my IRN sexed but I have been pretty convinced its a boy by shape of its beak etc, but even more convinced since I saw him doing the typical male display where they stand tall with heart shaped wings.

Keep posting and let us know! All the best, Loo :)
Loo :)
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

Hi guys my baby is only 4 months old that's why i'm doing the dna test cuz it is far too yang to start doing the displays or get the ring if it's a male... i never had an irn before...it is quit vocal i did the mirror thing and it started screaming whistling and pimping the eyes and some other times it just attacks the mirror and it's screaming!!!!! it is molting now and it looks so funny :P anyone know how to post photos it would really help....
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Happy for you Nikolas. About the photos question, I beleive that you can oly upload photos when you post about 1-15 posts and remain in the forum for 5 days. Cant wait to see your little guy. What are you going to name him? I'am still stuck in choosing my fid's name :roll: . Please keep us updated with your progress.

AlphaWolf
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Hi and welcome Nikolais. :D
Just takin a break !

Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

I already got a name although i'm not sure if it's a male or a female i've named him pipi, it's a name for males in greece but i wont change it even if the test says that it's a girl... Something inside me tho tells me that it's a boy cuz he hates my dad, he loves me and he is ok with my mum..... he is molting now and the new feathers under the beak have light grey ends i thought that might be sing of the ring also he is lifting his head as high as he can on his shiny toys some times when he is too exited...but again this is my first indian ring neck so i have no experience on these guys....
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Pipi is a cute name! There is a famous children's book in which the girl is called Pipi, so it can be for girls too. The book is called "Pipi Longstocking" in English, it was one of my favourites when I was little.
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

Ooh yeah never thought of that book....cool so i have a unisex name for my baby...still i hope it's a boy... :D
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

What a nice name, Pipi. I'am stuck on what to choose: Jade,Aero or Rascal! :roll: My bird is also moulting. Lol I too hopes he is a boy, he has a light green ring and loves to crane his head! What a coincidence. All these people here in the forums are sooo kind and helpful. I wonder what the community and can do without them. So pat yourselves in the back, ellie, missK, Skye's Crew.So is Pipi tame? Plz Keep us updated...

AlphaWolf
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

I got Pipi when he was exactly 2 month old he was hand feed from day 1 i didn't like that part but he was the sweetest baby parrot i've ever seen so i bought him i use to feed him 2 times per day hand feeding formula and the rest of the day he was eating whatever it was in his bowl like mixed seeds broccoli carrot pasta tomatoes apple everything... Now his 4 months old and still eating the same and more but he still goes crazy if he sees me holding the box of exact kaytee hand feeding formula, he is running to me coming up my solder looks at the box and he is saying wow... he gives you a kiss if you ask for it he also knows to turn around he loves going on my dog but my dog doesn't really like i... :s and i don't know why he really hates my lovebird cookie but he is ok with budgies and cockatiels...
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi Nikolais, and welcome.

If your bird is a boy, Pipi is a fine name. He can learn to say his own name - my bird says his own name (Rocky) all the time! You can be sure if your bird is a girl that Pippi is still a good name. The girl in the book was very lively and had many adventures. :lol: Her name would be fine for a Ringneck, to be sure.

I'm also happy to hear you have Budgies. Several people here keep Budgies, and probably Lovebirds and Cockatiels as well.
-MissK
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

hi miss K yeah i have a breading pair of budgies and a breading pair of cockatiels the lovebird and the ringneck are hand feed so the have me... i'm an parakeet lover.... :)