New IRN mom to be! So excited!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

New IRN mom to be! So excited!

Post by pattiB »

:D Hello all. My name is Patti. We will be getting our baby girl this Sat! I am currently cage shopping and want some suggestions from the experts as to the best choice in cage. I also would like to purchase floor play stand for two other areas of my home. Any suggestions?
I'm so excited about this! I've been craving becoming a bird mom once again. I enjoyed the companionship of a very smart cockatiel for just under 20 years! He was the highlight of our lives and our families lives. Kept us so entertained and well, it's been years since we've had another bird. Now it's time again and I wanted to step up in size, just a bit. I cannot wait to train her and teach her all I can. And just give her the BEST home she deserves. So again, nice to meet all. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions to ask in the near future. But first is my cage area and what your opinions are. I have up to 500.00 to spend but would like to of course find something for less if possible. Thanks!!!!
Patti
InTheAir

Re: New IRN mom to be! So excited!

Post by InTheAir »

Hi and welcome!

I don't have any advice on cages, I just wanted to say congratulations on your new bird to be.

Regards,
Claire
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Welcome to the forum :D

If you post over in housing about cage size you may get more responses. You can also do a search within the forum for previous threads.

Cage size will depend on your budget of course. But you want to try to go for the largest cage possible that is appropriate for your birds size.

If you look in misc comments under the sticky homemade with love you can see ideas for playstands and toys.

There is a lot of info here...all you have to do is use the handy search button :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Hi and welcome Patti I hope you enjoy your new family member as much as we do ! Far as cage size we just got the biggest we could fit where we wanted it and he seems happy there but then again his door is seldom closed except to sleep :D
Just takin a break !