Hello from the UK

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jim Coker

Hello from the UK

Post by Jim Coker »

Hello everyone,

I've been visiting this site for a few weeks now and I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I live in the town of Boston in the UK. We have a 12 week old Blue IRN named Loki, He/She has been with us for just over two weeks.
I used to keep a pair of Cockatiels a few years ago, one that I was particularly attached to sadly died, which was very upsetting. The other bird was never as friendly and seemed very lonely. So we handed him across to a couple that had other birds.

Loki was purchased from a breeder and advertised as hand reared. The breeder's instructions to me for handling the bird was to open his cage and grab him from behind and bring him up to my chest. Obviously I have not followed that advise, my intention is to work to Loki's pace, as far as I'm concerned his cage is his safe place. Loki is unclipped and has plenty of opportunity to leave his cage and fly around our living room.

I do have a question about a sudden change of behaviour that I cant seem to find any details on this site about through the search feature, but I will post it in the Behaviour and taming section a little later.

Regards

Jim
Melika

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Melika »

Welcome to the forum, Jim and Loki. I hope that we can help you, and that you find the information here valuable. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Dixie-1

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Dixie-1 »

Welcome Jim from another newby :mrgreen: Hope you enjoy the site & find what you need here.
Just takin a break !