Hello All, new here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

adrinaxo

Hello All, new here

Post by adrinaxo »

Hello,

My name is Adrina, i'm 23 yrs old and was born,raised and currently live in TX. I am an all around animal lover. My babies include: 2 IRN's (Abel & Valerie), 1 horse (Oreo), and 2 dogs (Jordan & Hazel). I look forward to getting to know this IRN community and hopefully I can learn allot.

I have had my male IRN for about a yr (believed to be around 3yrs old) and the female I just got a week ago, I do believe they are in love already. :lol: I did't get her to breed them, I simply got her because I don't want Abel to get lonely when I am at work. I haven't read enough on breeding IRNs to make an educated decision on whether or not I will be attempting to breed them this season. I might change my mind later, I just want all of my critters to be happy.
adrinaxo

Re: Hello All, new here

Post by adrinaxo »

I tried to post a photo but I got this error message:

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.Your message contains too few characters."

I think I have to make a few more posts before they allow me to post pictures, but you can see my feather babies in my Avatar. :)
Tinus

Post by Tinus »

Getting the same error, would like to share some pics of my boys aswell ^^
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Welcome to the forum :D

You have to be a member for 5 days and have at least 10 posts to post pics. It's just a precaution to weed out spam. :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Skyes_crew wrote:Welcome to the forum :D

You have to be a member for 5 days and have at least 10 posts to post pics. It's just a precaution to weed out spam. :)

Oh ok, that makes since! :) It might take me forever to get to 10 posts but I can try.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Well, that's three...................

Why don't you tell us the story of how you got your birds, and how you knew they were the right ones for you?

-MissK
-MissK
adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

MissK wrote:Well, that's three...................

Why don't you tell us the story of how you got your birds, and how you knew they were the right ones for you?

-MissK
I thought the post count only went up when I created a "new" thread, forgive my newbie-ness lol

Well I got Abel from a very nice woman that saved him from a bad pet store situation. She took care of him for about 2 years and then family tides forced her to re-home him. I found her online and read her story, I figured it was the right thing to do. When I went to go meet them we had an over hour long "interview" before I even got to see the bird. She was very thorough since she knew I've only had Parakeets and Lovebirds in the past, she was just making sure I was capable of taking care of her IRN. We hit it off great and me and Abel have been together ever since.

I'd been feeling bad for him lately because my in-office hours at work increased and at-home office hours decreased, and he was alone while I was at work. I began searching for a companion for him online and local pet shops. We just recently found the perfect match. They met and it seems like instantly they became buddies. That's how I knew she was the one.

All of my animals are my babies and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi and welcome, nice and lovely bunch you have there. Those 2 are looking so cute in your avatar pic.

Ash
adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Little Buttercup wrote:Hi and welcome, nice and lovely bunch you have there. Those 2 are looking so cute in your avatar pic.

Ash
Thank you so much. :D
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

adrinaxo wrote:
Skyes_crew wrote:Welcome to the forum :D

Oh ok, that makes since! :) It might take me forever to get to 10 posts but I can try.
Five more posts for you to make then you can put a pic in!

Ash
adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

I still can't upload pics :( i'll give it a day and re-try mañana...
adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Here are my feather babies...

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Awww they are so cute. Abel is absolutely beautiful. Love his color :D

adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Skyes_crew wrote:Awww they are so cute. Abel is absolutely beautiful. Love his color :D

Thank you, he is a sweetie.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

He looks so proud like he's protecting Valerie. :D

adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Skyes_crew wrote:He looks so proud like he's protecting Valerie. :D
He is definitely infatuated with her :D I hope she opens up to me eventually. Right now she avoids me at all costs, she's very timid but that is probably a combination of new surroundings, sights, and sounds.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Oh most definitely :D but she'll have Abel's help to warm up to you. Once she sees how he is with you for awhile her curiosity will win out eventually. Good luck with the pair of them. :)

adrinaxo

Post by adrinaxo »

Skyes_crew wrote:Oh most definitely :D but she'll have Abel's help to warm up to you. Once she sees how he is with you for awhile her curiosity will win out eventually. Good luck with the pair of them. :)

That's what i'm hoping, and plenty of treats should aid the cause. Thank you for your kind words, hopefully I can make this work. I love a challenge. 8)