Newbie Here :D

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Dragonwyke

Newbie Here :D

Post by Dragonwyke »

Dragonwyke here. i live in Tampa Bay, Florida in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. it's beautiful here, tho a bit on the hot and humid side. but i do so love it. was born here and lived here most of my adult life. i've often thought i'd like to move back up north again, until i see the winters up there again and look at just how gorgeous it is here and i up staying. so after just over 25yrs, i suppose i'm here to stay. lol

i live in a huge old farmhouse, nearly 100yrs old, which is super unusual for florida, in what's left of cattle country around here. the house has 15rms and stands on an acre of land. i have 7 dogs that live here, 3 companion parrots - Sylvio, an 11yr old male umbrella cockatoo, Bugg, a female 10yr old senegal, and Eva, an unsexed, 7yr old blue front amazon. i'm beginning to set up an aviary to breed parakeets. so i'm gathering my breeding group. i currently have a small flock of Zebra finches (they are so cute, i just love them), 2 pairs of Java Rice finches, 2 pairs of budgies, 2 pairs of ringnecks. eventually i will be getting a pair of quakers, and hopefully a pair of princess of wales parakeets. everyone is currently out of season, and i'm not quite ready w/outdoor flights, or breeding cages, so we're just pairing, and getting to know everyone right now. it sure is wonderful having birds in my house again. i used to breed finches, lovebirds, and cockatiels years and years ago. i've missed it all this time.

i was very glad to find this group, as i have lost touch w/breeding or species connections. wonderful to see so many people interested in this gorgeous parrakeet. :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Re: Newbie Here :D

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family :-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Re: Newbie Here :D

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Dragonwyke, welcome.
Your place sounds wonderful and so do your birds. Seems once you get the feather bug, it never leaves you, huh? :)