new to here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ziggy13

new to here

Post by ziggy13 »

Hi everyone so I recently was given a male indian ringneck from a family friend. She had him from a new baby and spoon fed him. He is now 12 years old. He is friendly but does have issues with kids because her grandson threw pillows at him. so he will growl and strike at the kids. I look forward to meeting fellow bird lovers and getting info :D
Mad Max

Re: new to here

Post by Mad Max »

Hi Ziggy

Have you tried to let a child go near the bird . I would put a table near the bird and let a child or even a few kids sit and play or colour for a few hours without them interacting with the bird . I will keep doing this for a few days NB: dont let the bird stress out too much , Once the bird gets used to the kids close to him and not bugging him ,I would let a child start interacting with the bird (not touching him) e.g Give the bird a treat or standing close to the bird and talking to him . Once the bird is comfortable with the child in close proximity , I would let the child touch the bird only for a short while every day until the bird is used to the child . They may just become best buddies . Important : Dont allow the child to tease the bird at all , as they dont forget things like that

good luck
Robert
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family .. nice advice Robert :-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum, Ziggy. :)
Hope your new mate learns to trust again, good luck.