Frankie our new irn

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ozzie73

Frankie our new irn

Post by Ozzie73 »

Hello I'm in Lichfield in England I've just purchased my first irn she wasn't my first choice because of her being 3 years old but when I seen conditions she was living in and state she was in just couldn't leave her would have paid any amount to get her out of there .she in dirty old shed at the back of avairy shut in cage with two red rumps who had been ganging up on her I think she had blood on her wings and all down her tail and being albino looked horrible .she also only has one fully flighted wing the being short of a lot of feathers looks like broken or pulled out.but regardless of all this got her home put her in nice new cage and within a few hours she's started eating and cleaning herself but abit scared when you go to close.But all in all looks like our frankie is one tough little cookie.nice to have somewhere to come to for help being has she's our first irn so thanks in advance.
Skyes_crew

Re: Frankie our new irn

Post by Skyes_crew »

Congrats to you on saving that poor creatures life. She may have not been your first choice...but soon you will come to realize that she was the right choice :) IRN's are awesome birds. They are extremely intelligent and will provide lots of entertainment. Just take it slow with her and give her time to adjust. You came to the right place for help and advice. There are plenty of people to help and plenty of threads to read to get you started. Enjoy your new companion :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family and thank you for being a rescuer :-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sad to hear stories like Frankie, but heart warming to read people DO care enough to rescue and make a better life for them. :)