New Baby Indian Ringneck

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

JoeysMom

New Baby Indian Ringneck

Post by JoeysMom »

Hi everyone,

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. I am the proud parent of less than 2 month old baby IRN. I am a little unsure of his age, but he is still eating baby food and was receiving three feedings a day when I adopted him. He is currently trying new foods such as soft veggies, fruit, softened pellets, and small bits of millet. He seems to be a strong bird, he is doing well with perching, stepping up, and walking around exploring. I have been reading the posts and articles on this site and thought that I would ask if there are any important or interesting things I should know about IRNs. I am not sure if Joey is really a boy. I do not know yet if I will have him DNA tested or just wait for the ring to emerge or not. Joey is a grey mutation. I also have five other birds in the house. A Quaker parrot and four budgies. So far all is going well!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with!

-Nikki (JoeysMom)
-Joey's Mom
JonoH

Re: New Baby Indian Ringneck

Post by JonoH »

Welcome!!

Read as much as you can into how they mature - look up bluffing so your prepared for it i guess. If your not planning on breeding your IRN then it doesn't really matter what gender it is unless you want to find out for your own curiosity - i personally love waiting for them to molt and see whether a ring will appear or not! I'm finding now i can predict what they are based on their characters (my females always seem to be a little crazy!!)

Cheers

Jono
Little Buttercup

Re: New Baby Indian Ringneck

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi, Welcome. Must be such a cute little baby that.

Ash