Biting

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Molly

Biting

Post by Molly »

Hi, I'm new to the site but it looks like it will help me a lot as I never had a bird (more a dog person). I bought a IRN, about 6 months old. She was hand raised and is beautiful. She doesn't bite me at all, like to sit on my shoulder and eats and drinks anything I am having. The only problem I have is this: she destroys all her toys!!! She had little mirror in the cage - bit everything off!! The little plastic balls with the bell inside - all bitten to pieces!! But the perch I got her to bite on is still new!!! Everything she can reach gets bitten to pieces, whereas she is suppose to play with it. What can I do??? Please help!!
MissK

Re: Biting

Post by MissK »

Hi Molly, and welcome. Please take note that destroying stuff IS playing with toys. Get your bird sturdier toys. I'm betting you bought stuff marketed for Budgies. Aim just a little higher. It's challenging, I know. Stuff made of paper and grasses, as well as soft wood should be helpful. That plastic junk will just be quickly destroyed. Don't go too big, however, or your bird will be scared of the toy.

Best wishes.
-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

If you go to this thread

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=5663

There are tons of ideas on making your own toys. It's way cheaper. Ringnecks love to chew. :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Molly

Post by Molly »

Thanks guys!! Yes, it is all the little plastic balls and stuff. Will be hunting sturdier toys now and glad to hear there isn't something wrong with her biting everything!!!