Hi!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

jmlw7

Hi!

Post by jmlw7 »

Hi all! I'm new to this forum.. I recently posted in a couple of other parrot/bird forums, until I discovered this awesome site!

Remy is our 8 month old Indian Ringneck, who we just got exactly 11 days ago. He was super bitey the first couple of days, but we've been interacting with him quite a bit daily, and the biting has pretty much stopped except when he is tired and cranky and doesnt want to go back in his cage. He is a pretty loving bird and is always eager to eat from our hands, likes stepping up now though not yet cuddly, but enough to let us scratch his beak and pet his head and cheeks when he is sleepy and fluffy on his perch amidst his bamboo palm plant :) He is getting more tame each day and we think we are doing pretty well for 11 days in!

We love him and I have tons of questions, so Im off to post them!
salsapicante

Re: Hi!

Post by salsapicante »

Hi and welcome. I am new here too, just joined a few days ago. I find this site amazingly helpful and I think you will, too. My name is Jen but I often sign my posts with salsa picante. I have two new baby ringnecks, 7 weeks old. I haven't named them yet. I also have a Jenday Conure named Petey. I'm new to the ringnecks, but I used to have Quakers (years ago before my 13 year old was born). Now that my kids are growing up and are more indpendent, I've found some more time to enjoy things I like (such as my wonderful pet birds!). Best wishes with everything.

Sincerely Jen aka SalsaPicante