i guess i should officially introduce myself

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Fidgit_Green

i guess i should officially introduce myself

Post by Fidgit_Green »

hello to those that i havent already talked to in my threads.

My name is Paul, and my little mates name is Fidgit, (full name "Fidgit Green").
i am 26 and Fidgit is just 6 months old, we live in Brisbane Australia, but i am actually
from New Zealand and have been in Australia for about 2 years.

i have a medical condition called Scleroderma, it has left me disabled and unable to work
because of being arthritic through my whole body and causing my hands to contract to half
closed with only my thumbs kind of movable.

i got Fidgit at 5 days old and hand reared him, i got him to be my companion that could go everywhere with me.
with my disability it has made things more difficult for me with day to day thing, and more difficult with having to keep up with a growing young ring neck.
but however more difficult things may be, i still manage to give Fidgit pretty much everything that he needs, and luckily time is one thing that i have in abundance.
and with all my limitations i still manage to do things the way i want to do them, i make most of his toys myself, i am in the process of building my own play stand for him (which ill post pics when im done), and everything for his cage (bar one toy, an his food and water dishes) is custom made by me, his perches, ladders and even the 1.5ft long spiral ladder.

i dont know if that kind of sounds like i was bragging? but i wasnt.
i was just trying to let you know that despite my limitations, i will do what ever it takes to give my little guy what he need.

well i guess thats about it really, thats a brief run down of who i am.

i am looking forward to meeting you all over the time i am involved with this community.

thanks for reading
Cheers
InTheAir

Re: i guess i should officially introduce myself

Post by InTheAir »

Hi again,

I'm a kiwi too, living in the sunshine coast. I've been in Aussie about three and half years.

Sounds like your disability doesn't hold you back from giving your bird the best. He's a lucky bird.

:D
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi, thats a good thing you are doing. Your birdy is lucky to have you and I would really like to see you play stand when you are done with it. Keep it up and you will have a happy bird that will spend a long time with you.

Ash
Fidgit_Green

Post by Fidgit_Green »

thank you for you reply Ash.
i will definitely post some photos of my play stand when i am done.
it may be a while yet though, im still waiting for a few bits and pieces to arrive from ebay.
i am really looking forward to finish the stand and seeing how it turns out.

i am really glad that there are plenty of people on here understand and are interested in how each other is getting on.

thanks everyone.
Cheers