hello from the UK

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Captain Jack

hello from the UK

Post by Captain Jack »

Hello all, we have just rehomed a 7-8yr old blue Indian ring neck, he was aviary raised so is used to people & likes to be talked to but is not handleable at the moment, we are his third home, his original owner had a heart attack & had to give up his aviary his next owner took him temporarily but it ended up being long term (6 years) we took him as he was getting scared by his owner's new cat (they had him in the house but were unable to get him handleable so he spent 6 yrs permanently in a too small cage - we have now moved him into an appropriately sized cage). He plucks (has a bald patch on his chest)so we are on here to seek advice on getting him handleable & trying to stop his plucking.

Oh & my username is his name - Captain Jack :)
subodhhire

Re: hello from the UK

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Captian,

Welcome to the forum.

Subodh
HARO*

Re: hello from the UK

Post by HARO* »

Howdy ...my name is kristy i am from Australia...very kind of you to open your heart to a beautiful IRN ...
I also have a little blue guy who will be 2 in October..
Hopefully you will get his plucking under control...I am sure you will get lots of advice & such off his site..
Take care..
Kristy