New IRN Owner!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

krystal

New IRN Owner!

Post by krystal »

Hi,

I guess technically I'm not "new" to the forums, I've had an account for a while but I never posted because I didn't have a bird! I have read many posts though and learned a lot before actually purchasing, or even seeing an IRN (I have seen lots of videos on youtube though).

I was lucky enough to walk in to a local pet store (something I do rarely, not having any pets previously) and the first thing I saw was this beautiful grey, female Indian Ringneck! I'm 23 but I live at home (I was going to school) so I wasn't able to get it because my parents did not want animals in the house. It took a LOT of convincing to get them to allow it.

So, we just brought her home 2 days ago. She is already 3 years old, the previous owner surrendered her to the pet store because she could no longer take care of her. She is adjusting very well, it's only her 3rd day and she is amazing! The first day she was here my parents had a bunch of family come over and everyone wanted to hold her. Same thing happened yesterday, family came over for dinner, this time with a bunch of young kids and she was fantastic!

I am so happy to start on this new life-long adventure!
krystal

Re: New IRN Owner!

Post by krystal »

Oh, and I still have not picked out a name, I have no idea what to name her! Any suggestions? I have to make a view posts before I can post pictures, but I put her in my avatar.
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Congratulations on your new baby! You lucky your parents let you have her. Wishing you lots of luck on your journey in caring and getting to know her.

Ash
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Krystal,

Congratulations on your acquisition. she looks really very very sweet.

Subodh
krystal

Post by krystal »

Thanks so much!