New to the forum

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Audrey

New to the forum

Post by Audrey »

Hello!

I am here as I am soooo tempted to get an Indian Ringneck. I have 2 parrotlets, 1 quaker, 1 lovebird, 1 timneh grey and 1 green checked conure. I have been very drawn to the IR for some time and found a 3 year old female that has a very sweet and loveable disposition. She took to me straight away and was very generous with her kisses.

I found your site while doing research (I research everything) as I find it impossible to find books on the ringnecks. Do any of you know of any you could recommend? I have seen in places that they are very loud. Can anyone put it in context to say compared with quakers, conures or greys? While visitors find my home noisy, I don't. I also have dachshunds who have been breed to bark. :lol:

I have gone through you site and am working on reading the articles. So interesting! Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Audrey
Little Buttercup

Re: New to the forum

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi and welcome Audrey, Nice flock you have there already! You don't find your house noisy so I don't think a ringneck will add much more to that noise. I have heard sun conures and I think they are deafening :lol: don't think ringnecks are more noisy. My Kiwi is a very sweet guy and doesn't make that much noise. Even though he is not tame. I don't know how loud your other birds are.
Good luck

Ash
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to the forum

Subodh
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi Audrey. My sun conure is definitely way louder than a ringneck. My ringneck is actually pretty quiet most of the time. I don't find my house noisy at all, but people always comment that they don't see how I can take it. My birds chattering and singing and squawking are background music to me. Without it I think I would go insane from the quiet. If you're used to the background noise as well, adding a ringneck will make no noticeable difference I think. I don't know what your green cheek is like, but my green cheek and my sun have learned to mimic my IRN and my IRN has learned to mimic my conures, so I never know who's making noise lol. Good luck with your new IRN. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

HARO*

Post by HARO* »

Hi,
I have a male IRN & although he is squawky & chatty, I dont think he is loud at all...I heard before I got one that they are constantly loud & deafening...but saying that I think Rainbow Lorikeets are ear piercing....I minded 3 of them for a lady I know ...& OMG...they were loud..they made HARO sound like the quietest parrot ever...
besides after all the IRN squawks & whistles...they do have the cutest talking voices...