New to ringnecks, in QLD

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

CMG ringneck MADD

New to ringnecks, in QLD

Post by CMG ringneck MADD »

Hi guys, I'm new to this group and I'm from Qld, around bundaberg. I love ringnecks and have only enjoyed birds for just over 1 year now and live the ringnecks the most just because of all the varietys you can get. I am hoping to get out of this forum group is a better understanding for ringnecks and there mutations, I am especially keen on the violets and hoping one day to have violet and cobalts in wh/wt and pied! I am nearly prepared for this years breeding season and hoping to breed 3 pairs apart from I'm trying to figure out what some of my colours are especially on one of the females to decide in what colour male to buy (will post pic soon but it's not allowing me for some reason) anyway the two pairs I have at the moment are: 1) pastel violet lacewing cock x indigo violet hen 2) indigo violet cock x cobalt hen (not 100% sure she's a cobalt but will post pic soon) and I have a Patel grey cock as a pet and the left over female might be dilute blue! I hope to get a few replys and look forward to hearing from ringneck lovers all over the world! :mrgreen:
sahhbear

Re: New to ringnecks, in QLD

Post by sahhbear »

Hi!!
I live in Queensland too- Brisbane. I have no ideas on colours so I can't help you there- sorry. But I do know that you have to be a member of the forum for at least 5 days and have made 10 posts (I think) before you can post pics. It's to prevent spam sites from bogging the site with rubbish. Look forward to seeing pics of your birds. :)

Sarah
CMG ringneck MADD

Thanks sahhbear, looks like I will have to start looking around to see what I can help with then post some pics :) can't wait! Need help though on my colours and to pair what to what for this breeding season coming soon here in Queensland. What ringnecks or other birds do you keep?
sahhbear

Post by sahhbear »

I used to have a lot of birds, mostly cockatiels and bred them for years. But sadly last year my hen died of egg binding. There was nothing we could do for her. I had even tried splitting her and her mate (I know that sounds harsh) but we thought that if they weren't getting the urge to mate, and for her to produce the eggs perhaps she'd be okay....

I now have just one pied cockatiel, Sam who is 12 years old. And a 6 month old ringneck Rani. I think Rani is a male and through a lot of help here on the forum have determined Rani is a turquoise blue cinnamon. He's just about to go through his first molt so his colour is really coming out.

Sounds like you've got your hands full there with all those ring necks... I can only imagine what feeding time is like at your house :lol:
Kiki22

Post by Kiki22 »

Hello there! I have seen some of your bids on the IRN Mutations page on Facebook :) What beautiful birds you have! I have had pet IRN's for a few years but last year was the first time I tried breeding and handraising. It was a success and this year I am also hoping for a DF Violet from a new pair. All the best, hope you find the journey as interesting and rewarding as I am so far!
CMG ringneck MADD

Hi guys, thanks for the reply and feeding time is mad here especially because ewe also have 9 dogs and 6 puppies and 20 horses to feed! I also keep budgies, I have 13 and have them in one big Aviary and have moved 3 pairs out in tere iwn little breeding cage. I also have a pair of alexandrines and cockatoos! Thank you kiki22, what's you name on the site? I also have a pet cockatiel I handraised from 2 weeks old, he is lynx and best friends with my Patel grey ringneck, lynx is a whiteface pied. I am already loving the journey and just reading all te topics, also kiki22 what pairs have you got this season and I am also hoping for the same result from a pair of mine :)
sahhbear

Post by sahhbear »

Just wow!! Feeding time at the zoo huh? My guys have a love hate relationship. My RN LOVES to annoy my cockatiel and my cockatiel HATES him for it :lol:
Kiki22

Post by Kiki22 »

I will PM you my name on FB rather than reveal it here :) And my pairs haven't got anything on yours! When I decided I wanted to breed them it wasn't because I was into the mutations but more just wanting to try handraising. My pairs are a grey/cinnamon cock with a blue hen, a pair of pastelblues and a DF violet cock with a violet lacewing hen. The last pair I only got this year though because hubby wants a handraised DF violet cock and I said for the price I would rather buy a pair that will hopefully give me one. We also have a handraised green, greygreen and blue cock, a lutino and albino hen, 2 handraised cockatiels, 2 aviary cockatiels and 3 lovebirds, 2 dogs and 1 cat! Tiels are wonderful kids pets,our handraised blue we raised is my oldest daughters bird and he is great pals with the 2 cockatiels. Only an occasional squabble over who gets the highest point on the birdy playstand lol
CMG ringneck MADD

Very nice pairs you have there, okay will wait for the pm :) also if you every decide to sell the df you know me hahaha, I just bought another handraised cockatiel and going to send its DNA off tomorrow and hopefully a girl for my handraised boy! Thy are both in with my semi tame ringneck who is froced by lynx to preen him haha, you have a lot of handraised ringnecks to play with, haha I would love to have a blue boy but first am trying to breed budgies and practice handraising them, I have handraised 2 cockatiels before, 1 of them was lynx and I started when he was 2 weeks and he is now 10 nearly 11 months old! I'm not to keen on the lacewing in violet that's why I'm tryin to sell my pastel violet lacewing cock an would love a df! If you don't mind me asking but when you pm me would you be able to tell me the price you got him so I know roughly what I'm looking at when buying one, you don't have to if you don't want to and I just love all the different colours you can get in the ringnecks mainly the violets :)