Greetings from a warm, sunny Cairns in QLD Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

birdynamnam

Greetings from a warm, sunny Cairns in QLD Australia

Post by birdynamnam »

Hi everyone, I am excited to join this forum and I am glad that I found such a world of wealth in regards to IRN information. We got Birdy as a 8 week old handraised baby in December. Our first IRN, we have had cockatiels previously, we did not know much about them either. Since then we have read up on them and know a bit more, work in progress you could say! Birdy is hilarious, light grey IRN, very social, does not want to go back to his cage, loves our dog and are trying to board him every chance he gets. He (she?) is bluffing at the moment, but it seems to get better and has not been that bad (we expected worse). We try to spend as much time as possible with him and we are starting training shortly. He has started whistle a bit lately, otherwise is just "muttering" but he is getting there. These are awesome birds.
Little Buttercup

Re: Greetings from a warm, sunny Cairns in QLD Australia

Post by Little Buttercup »

Welcome to the forum, agree with you, tons of information here about IRNS. I also have a cockatiel and find it less easier than the ringneck. Maybe I just have to learn more about cockatiels. He is a cute bird though but at times I find him irritating. He learned a few words already. I feel maybe he needs another one for company.
Samantha_Hughes

Post by Samantha_Hughes »

Hi there! I just signed up were located in Townsville :D
Samantha
CMG ringneck MADD

Post by CMG ringneck MADD »

I have just signed up to, so many keepers and breeders in QLD, we are just north of bundaberg :) starting to get hot here isn't it? Also good luck with your new birdy and keep us posted :mrgreen:
sahhbear

Post by sahhbear »

Hiya!! Another Queenslander here-I'm in Brisbane. I too had cockatiels first and have had a ringneck before. My bird Rani is 6 months old and is an absolute character. They're great birds aren't they?