Hellow from Queensland

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Rebekah

Hellow from Queensland

Post by Rebekah »

Hi all birdy folk.

My name is Rebekah and I and the proud mother of a 13 month old IRN who's a beautiful blue. Not sure what gender it is but i've lovingly named it Mr Smith. However after reading a few posts on here, i'm getting a feeling it may be a girl, due to not having very strong colouring around the neck. But time will tell I guess :P

I've been very happily getting to know my beautiful smithy who also shares a home with a love bird, two finches, guini pigs, chickens and the rest of my family.

Smithy is not the first bird that i've owned as I first got a hand raised cockatiel when I was about 10 and came to an unfourtunate end probably 5 years ago. (very sad, as she was a beautiful bird, untill we inherited another cockatiel and they decided to become a pair :? )

So when I saw the oppourtunity to buy Mr, Smith from the local pet shop I was thrilled. Yes he's massivly different from a cockatiel, I have solidly fallen in love with my ceiling shark.
We had an episode the other week when he flew out the door into the big wide world and we couldn't find him. We live on 5 acre blocks and back onto a forestry,and it got dark very quickly. We tried searching as much as we could for our loved bird but couldn't find his, try as we might. Not wanting to give up I got up at 4;30 the next day in a last attempt to find him. Just as I was about to give up for good, I heard the mimick sound of our love bird. Went looking after the sound and found my lovely boy, up in a tree in the neighbours yard. Eventually we disturbed his enough to drop out of the tree, and we were able to run after him enough to catch him in our yard again. His wings were quickly trimmed again and it was one of the best days i've had for a while. :D

He loves chewing everything he's not supposed to, which is fun because i'm an art student and he LOOOVES pencils!

:) Rebekah and Mr. Smith.
willowisp71

Re: Hellow from Queensland

Post by willowisp71 »

Welcome to the forum Rebekah and Mr Smith. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures with your new FID! :D
Regards Deb
RedNado130

Re: Hellow from Queensland

Post by RedNado130 »

Welcome to the forum!
Your IRN sounds like a lovely little escape artist! :lol: I'm so glad you ended up getting Mr.Smith back!