Hello

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

JacquelineLee90

Hello

Post by JacquelineLee90 »

Hi everyone,

My name is Jacqueline (or just Jac for short) and I'm from the sunshine state of Queensland in Australia. I've owned cockatiels and budgies in the past, but now am a proud parent to a month old pastel blue (still unsure on what this little one's colours will be!, some dark feathers are now coming out!) indian ringneck. Am currently handfeeding him/her.

Jac :)h
willowisp71

Re: Hello

Post by willowisp71 »

Welcome to the forum Jac. Look forward to seeing some pics of your new FID when you are able to post them (5+ days as a member and 10+ posts required first).
I'm also new to IRNs, and have had much fun learning about all the different colours and mutations the last 2 months.
Pastel Blue is an old term for Turquoise Blue, but depending on where you got your IRN from, (Professional Breeder, Back Yard Breeder, or Pet shop), sometimes the bird's colour can be misinterpreted by someone who hasn't got a full grasp of the genetics. In anything else, we see Pastel Blue as being light baby blue colour, where as in IRN genetics Pastel = Turquoise, or a more greeny blue. As you said, time will tell, when your little FID get's older and feathers up completely :)

For reference, this is a pic of my mature (normal) Blue boy. (You'll notice he's missing his tail feathers due to moulting - they have grown back now :lol: )

And if you click on this link, it will show you a TurquoiseBlue (or Pastel Blue) IRN

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m1itPKNwx2g/T ... CN0622.JPG

Notice the green hue through the head and wings? Hope this helps in identifying your birds colour :)
Regards Deb