keeping bird clean

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

radar

keeping bird clean

Post by radar »

im looking at the photos on this site and i must say
i feel bad. My baby is not quite as good looking as many out there
crap and scruffy a bit.

How do you people keep your birds so clean????????

oh if someone replies with clean him well? unless i want to loose some fingers lol :wink:
love the little critters
julie

Post by julie »

try putting a little bird bath in the cage we had one that went in the corner until indie got used to it now he has worked his way up to coming in the shower with me.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hun IRNs are known for their inpecable good looks and flawless apprearance.

I would bet your bird is moulting, though we would have to see a pic to tell. Once thats over, your bird will be just as pretty as ours. Unless, the baby has a condition.

Give us some more info or a pic and we'll calm your fears.

How long have you had the bird?

How old is the bird?

Did the bird begin looking badly and it progressed with what looks like little pins?

I dont feel comfortable saying 'Oh, it moulting hun, no worries' without a pic because the bird could need medical attention instead. So, know Im NOT saying to NOT be concerned. In fact, Im saying BE concerned and post a pic ASAP.

Im sure you have seen Datsun and my Baby. Ok, they are about the same age and look very different. They are both beautiful but different. That is the only differences that should appear other than pins or there is trouble.

See how Datsun looks a lighter green with pretty yellow and blue shimmer? See how see looks kind of soft and fluffy? Ok, Baby looks very dark green and not fluffy at all (poo on you Chamon, you got the soft looking baby). Baby keeps feathers tight and stands more erect. There is a reason for some of these differences... Baby is a male and Datsun is believed to be female.

So, yes, IRN's can look *somewhat different* but anything outside of the realm of what I just described, we need to take a look.

Thank you Chamon for again allowing me to use precious Datsun as an example. She is always a great one! I measure my words with a cup though when I use her lol.

I aint trying to take no aussie ass-whoopin'. :? Chamon and I can be very touchy when it comes to our babies. YEAH thats right... our BABIES. We have a mental illness that allows us to believe our pets past through our birth canal. They havent put a word on the syndrome but hunny it exists. :oops:

Im saying get us a pic and we will tell you if it is moulting or if it has other problems... and probably what those problems are.

As far as how to keep them clean, they smell dusty after a couple of days. Atleast thats how it smells to me, dusty. My birds prefer to be put on their stand and sprayed with a mist bottle for as long as I'll stand there like the idiot I am and do it.

Spray from above and allow it to fall. If your bird is loving it and is playing, opening his/her wings, have fun with it and spray them where they want it... they'll let you know. :roll: Thankfully, Baby opens those wings and lets me get those armpits... shew RIPE!.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

yep! I spray my birds every 3 days or so and if its cold blow them dry with a hair dryer.. None of them seem to get the hang of a bowl of water unless its their drinking water. But the spray bottle has led to them liking to shower now :D so that might be the go. Like Mik said, spary from above and let it fall down like misty rain, they love it !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

We spoiled them Kyria lol

Mine are the same way. They wont go neeear a bowl of water.
~ Mikaela Sky