Hello :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MandoKurtz

Hello :)

Post by MandoKurtz »

Hi
Just thought I would start out by posting in here! I should be getting my first ringneck parrot soon :) i have learned quite a bit from this forum the last couple of weeks, so I decided to join since I have officially decided on an Indian Ringneck chick for my bird! I am looking forward to bringing my little guy home soon :)
Gemma

Re: Hello :)

Post by Gemma »

Welcome! Do you know when you're getting your new baby? I have an Indian Ringneck and he is the love of my life! I got mine when he was about 3 weeks old, he didn't really have any feathers and I raised him from then. It was a great experience. Do you have any names that you've picked yet?
MandoKurtz

Post by MandoKurtz »

I just brought the little guy/girl home yesterday! Haha totally wasn't what I went I get...I had my mind set on getting a weaned blue pallid ringneck (the bird looked almost silvery white, not sure if it really was a blue pallid but he was gorgeous!) and well, I ended up bringing home a four week old blue ringneck chick! Haha! I had hand fed a couple turquoise green cheeks that we sold off after weaning. And I had toyed with the idea of hand feeding my own parrot chick when it came time I get my own bird. Even though it has been a day, it has been very rewarding! I am in love with this chick! I want to get him/her DNA tested when more feathers come in haha. If it is a boy, I want to call him Garrett, and if it is a girl, Budgie hehe. I just ordered an avian flight suit, so here's hoping that at Garrett Budgeriggar's young age, he/she will be able to adjust to it easier :)
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

Thats great! Hand raising mine was so rewarding, something that I am eager to do again but when I have the space for them all :? Those are lovely names. I'm terrible at picking names for my lot. It took me a few days to pick a name for my IRN. I was just looking around at birds when I found my IRN (Benny). I was looking for a sun conure but then I saw this little naked thing and I fell in love with him. So glad I didn't end up getting a conure (though I still want one) because then I wouldn't have got my Benny. IRN's have so many colours I love the lacewings :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Gemma wrote:I was looking for a sun conure but then I saw this little naked thing and I fell in love with him. So glad I didn't end up getting a conure (though I still want one)
My local pet store had some handraised conures which I fell in love with... That is, until they opened their beak and I heard them squawk! lol.... very loud and ear-piercing! I don't think my husband would have forgiven me if I brought home another bird, especially one as vocal as that! :) Although I am told that not all conures squawk loudly.

Ellie.
Charliee

Post by Charliee »

Welcome to the forum!

Your IRN will never disappoint you!
.Welcome To The Forum.