Picking up my 4mo IRN Saturday!!! (So- CAL)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

pocahontas

Picking up my 4mo IRN Saturday!!! (So- CAL)

Post by pocahontas »

Hello FORUM regarding IRN !?!?!! I am picking up my IRN this Weekend!!! It is 4 mo old and the male or female part idk what it is but i can wait LOL .. One thing I was curious about and its the fact that i have a 30 yr old AMAZON that it will be sharing the home with, possibly the same cage IF they get along of course.. Any precautions with this bird besides the Usual ? Just curous! Also any thing i should know or be aware of that is not published online? ive been doing my research and I know there is more out there that the internet does not offer.. I am an experienced parrot owner and I do work :) !
Azure

Re: Picking up my 4mo IRN Saturday!!! (So- CAL)

Post by Azure »

Congrats on your new bird! :D

Most things about these birds and precautions are up, depends on your luck too.
IRN do go through a buffing stage when young, they can possibly become jealous if you interact with your other bird more, but if your lucky, the bird will be a lovely addition that you cannot live without, which is nearly always the case. I know you would probably know this already, but it doesnt hurt being cautious, some people might have more to add too.

Best of luck with your new one,
Azure
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet