Proud new owner(s)!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Snowe

Proud new owner(s)!

Post by Snowe »

Before Christmas, my fiance and I were browsing our local pet shop and wandered over to their bird section. We stopped and looked at what was labeled a "Yellow Ringneck" and thought it was such a gorgeous bird. We moved into our own place and our landlord showed us his African Grey parrot. After that, my fiance was extremely interested in getting a bird that could talk. The ringneck we looked at had apparently been at the pet shop for a while and the poor guy is missing the ends of 3 of his toes on his left foot. January 7th I surprised him by bringing the lil guy home! The shop said he's between 1 and 2 years old and didn't know the gender {but that red ring gives it away haha}
Before I bought the bird I read everything I could about IRNs to make sure I was ready and completely sold on the idea of adding a bird to our critter family =p This forum helped me make my final decision so I thank all of you {and I'm sure my fiance agrees since he knew I was on the fence about becoming a bird mom!} We've named him Mr. Mojo and he is quite adorable. I'm actually considering finding a breeding pair for myself now {maybe in a year or so once we've gotten Mojo tamed and possibly talking}

I've always been a cat person and haven't had a bird since a parakeet when I was 11! Mr. Mojo has started making little noises at his reflection and I get so excited every time haha. A new, wonderful experience is upon us!

{sorry about the weirdness in my post =p I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed yesterday :lol: }
ellieelectrons

Re: Proud new owner(s)!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on getting your little guy! Best wishes for lots of joy-filled days and years with him.

I hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

Ellie.
Snowe

Post by Snowe »

Thanks for the Welcome and recovery wishes Ellie!

It's been a week now since I brought Mojo home and I've learned that our little guy doesn't like cranberries or oranges but adores apples, bananas, and an assortment of veggies. I bought him some rice and bowtie noodles to try out this week along with a little fruit medley ^_^ I think I grocery shop more for him than I do for myself hehe. He's pretty quiet for the most part. He'll make little noises at me while I'm dozing on the couch and he yells up a storm whenever I play bird videos on youtube for him. We attached a mirror to the inside of his cage but we soon had to take it away from him. All he did was sit in front of it and stare :lol: He's our vain little man! I'm a pretty quiet person so I try to remind myself to talk to him whenever I'm near him. I've been sitting beside his cage to eat and let him watch me and I leave music on for him whenever I leave the house. Going to contact a retired bird breeder this week and set up an appointment to get Mr. Mojo's wings clipped so I can see how he'll respond outside of his big ol cage.
I didn't notice until I had gotten him home but he is missing his tail! I'll love the fella regardless if he ever talks but he does make some adorable noises that halfway sound like a clown's horn honking and laughter :P

The forum won't let me post a pic yet :( I've only gotten the one of him so far from the pet store's website and hopefully I'll be able to take a bunch of my own very soon to show everyone my little Luntino flapper ^_^
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

Try using an outside source to post your pic. For ex. photobucket.com or flickr and you can just copy the IMG code into the message body:)