Hi Everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Sharon G

Hi Everyone

Post by Sharon G »

Hi there. I'm Sharon and only yesterday I bought my son an Indian Ringneck as (a slightly early) Christmas present. He is absolutely adorable and we're already in love!! :D

We weren't expecting to get a bird until at least April...so this has come as a surprise and I thank my neighbour for her knowledge and for being instrumental in us receiving him. I lost my mum only 2 weeks ago so this little fella has given us something to look forward to. It's a relief to feel a bit "normal" again.
He's a male (DNA tested) and Isaac named him Lucky, given that that's how we felt to have received him when we did.
I've been reading up on the different posts on this site...it's wonderful to be able to have so much knowledge "on tap" so to speak. I'm a bit concerned about the "bluffing" that you speak of. Our little guy is so placid and willing to be out and about with us....early days, I know. But is this condition guaranteed? Is it possible that Lucky won't go through this? The way he is now, it's hard to believe that this change in behaviour can occur.

Anyway....I just wanted to share with you and I'll be sure to keep reading up on different topics. I'm absolutely certain that he will bring us all much joy and happiness! :D :D
taywer321

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by taywer321 »

Congrats on your new addition:) How old is your Lucky? My baby boy is almost 9 months old and I have never seen a single sign of bluffing. He is always such a sweetie pie and always has been. I am hoping he doesn't go through this stage either. Although when they get older and become sexually mature, I'm sure hormones will alter their behavior slightly but with daily handling and lots of socialization, I'm sure we'll get through it. Owning my beautiful little guy that brings me so much happiness will make it well worth it if there are some bumps in the road. Good luck!!
Sharon G

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by Sharon G »

Lucky would be around 10 weeks old. He's grey and is just gorgeous! He has so much personality already and has become part of our family so easily.
My son just loves him to bits! We all do actually :wink: