Hello from the UK!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kerioke

Hello from the UK!

Post by kerioke »

Hey folks!

After spending weeks hunting around the net I finally found this gem of a site!! Great to be around people who share my interest!! :D

I started out as a budgie breeder, still have a little garden aviary with them in because they fund my kakariki breeding and handrearing hobby when kakariki breeding season is over! So how did I end up with ringnecks?! By accident! What a great mishap that was though!

I went to a garden centre to buy a £25 budgie and came home with a pair of green lacewings that set me back nearly £300! And all because they were both sat in a little cage and hadn't been out of that cage for nearly 18 months :( don't get me wrong I'm not 'anti cage', my own are in them, but I am against confinement and lack of free flying time!

Anyway, one died within days sadly and the other is still unable to fly over a year later, but she is happy to hop and never gives up. /b]

I now have six ringnecks and am working towards breeding them soon. Have spent hours reading all these boards and feel right at home, so can't wait to talk with some of you soon! :D
TaraJ

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by TaraJ »

Hi there...Oh that is so sad...Im glad you rescued them at least....Shame one died but glad other one is going well...Chances are it may never fly if it has never been out of cage in that long....may never have been allowed to fly when it was a baby either....I love this site too hey....So much awesome information on here and plenty of people willing to help when you have a problem.... :D
Azure

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by Azure »

Hello Kerioke,
Sad to hear about ill treatment! In the end people who care buy them to save them but still they suffer, the IRN given a better life, full and sweet, but not what it could have been if they were well treated. Good on you for saving the birds. I hope all goes well with your others. :)
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet