How to know the age and sex of these two cute birds

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

saifeesl

How to know the age and sex of these two cute birds

Post by saifeesl »

Hello Forum

Its been great to found such informative data about IRN's. anyways let me come to the point

i have purchased two IRN's - age - NA , Sex - NA.
when i asked to petshop guy, he was also not aware of either.

is there any way to know this information by looking at them??

they are in relatively big cage, get sunflower seeds mixed with peanuts, chickpics plus apple, grapes , tomatoes, carrots in two separate bowls (unfortunately they just like seeds and that too only sunflower seeds), get cleaned everyday.

your valuable and experience comments are appreciated.

and i am looking for good names too.. MM FF or MF.

unfortunately this post doesnt allow me to post the pics.. saying "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
julie

Re: How to know the age and sex of these two cute birds

Post by julie »

the pic thing will be because it needs to go through a hosting site.I use dropbox cause its easy to drag the pics over and drop it on the box and then it uploads to the hosting site,from there copy and paste the url to this site. With these birds its hard to tell how old or what sex until they are older.But if you can get the pics up we may be able to give you some idea.
saifeesl

Post by saifeesl »

Hi julie

thanks for reply

please find the link below

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/48971921 ... s?h=fbc8eb

the birds sitting on the houses previously used by budgies, as they love to seat on it, i have not removed.
Tikobird

Post by Tikobird »

They are fully weened if eating seed which makes then a few months old atleast. oh and about the sunflower seeds, i heard a story from my aunty, her mums cockatoo loved sunflower seed so that was all he ate. while they are still good too much is bad, like some foods to us, but as i was saying her bird died eventually because the sunflower seeds are too oily as a soul diet. so an idea is to slowly take out the sunflower seed and 'ween' ur bird off them till he has none in his cage rather than quitting 'cold turkey' and use them as treats fopr trick training and talking. :)