Hello!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ayume

Hello!

Post by Ayume »

Hello! My name is Violet, and my boyfriend Vyctor and I are very excited to be the new owners of an albino ringneck parrot this saturday. We're doing our research and have decided to join a forum to keep our knowledge of parrots up-to-date.
I own a Kakariki, Cockatiel and two Budgies and this is Vyctors first parrot! We have decided to purchase a bird from a family who is trying to get rid of theirs, due to time constraints. His name is Snowflake, and we may just call him Snow, or rename him depending. We are told he is three years old!
Ayume

Re: Hello!

Post by Ayume »

So we took home our Ringneck parrot yesterday, and are quickly learning that the owners of Snow had been either lying to us, or didn't understand parrots with much depth.
Although we were told he was hand tamed, Snow will not come out of his cage. We weren't given any of his old food to easily convert him to our preference of meals. Snow is an indian ringneck, however he is not albino. Our bird has blue eyes and is white and silver in colouring with a trace of colour around his neck.

Regretably our aviary hasn't been delivered yet and I can not put him in my mixed aviary (I hesitate because my birds are quite small) so he is in a temporary hospital cage. Poor fella hates people.
We're letting him settle into his environment and starting clicker training, power pause and positive reinforcement slowly.
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

I would love to hear an update on your birdy! With time and patience I hope you will have yourself a more tame and confident companion. How is he coming along?
Ayume

Post by Ayume »

Snow, we belive, is actually a girl!
She has settled in wonderfully, and has been with us for two weeks now. She takes treats from our hands without biting or agression, we've heard her beautiful voice a few times, and she has been taking to her clicker training very well. She now flips upside-down on her perch to touch the target stick!
We've discovered that as well as millet, Snow loves walnuts and peanuts in their shells!
No handling yet, and we are still having difficulties with her new cage (problematic ordering) but soon she'll have ample room to roam!
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

Aw thats wonderful.. You should post some pictures of Snow :)
Ayume

Post by Ayume »

As it turns out she is a white headed silver-cinnamon IRN, also known as a light phased lacewing? Something like that XD
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

Gorgeous!! What a lovely little bird.
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

wow... she's beautifull! congrats on the progress!
Eva
Ayume

Post by Ayume »

I'm happy to report that yesterday.... Snow stepped up! We are so pleased with her progress!
Azure

Post by Azure »

That's excellent, keep up the good work and you'll have a tame girl in a bink of the eye.
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet