Greetings!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

slky01

Greetings!

Post by slky01 »

I've been a member for quite awhile, but just got my baby a few months ago. Suki was born the 25th of April, she's a Lutino and the light of my life. I saw one in a pet store and fell in love. I raise cockatiels some, but when I held a IRN, I was captured. I knew I wanted a Lutino, but a male. Searched and waited over a year. Finally found someone in Oregon who raised them. When I found out one of the babies was yellow, decided it didn't matter whether it was male or female. She's gorgeous. Almost lost her to the cat virus, (which I can't spell) pstit****, when she was just a few weeks old. I've had her since she was 4 weeks old, finished hand feeding her and weaning her myself. I think (I hope), she's already been through her terrible twos, cause she got a little "nippy" for a bit. I just grabbed her beak and told her no and to be nice to me. She is so much fun. Trying to train her to a harness and leash, she doesn't care for it too much, even when we go outside. Outside seems to frighten her, she's always happy to go back in the house, even from the garage. Definately happy to get the harness off, but I think she'll get used to it eventually.
I live near Seattle, up here in Washington State, US. I'm going by slky01, cause I own a 2001 slk230, MB. Which I'm trying to get Suki use to riding in the car also.
It's nice to be able to talk Ringnecks with like people.
Pamela S Morgan
taywer321

Re: Greetings!

Post by taywer321 »

Congratulations on your baby! The lutinos are absolutely gorgeous.. I couldn't decide on a mutation when I first decided on the IRN as my next companion parrot :) I ended up adopting a little hand raised turquoise male.. and he is so precious. Indian Ringnecks are amazing little birds given the right attention and care from their owners. When I first brought him home from the breeder before I left she said "And don't leave him in the cage for more than 2 weeks, he may become wild." I looked at her amazed thinking WHO WOULD LEAVE THEM IN THE CAGE FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT??!! Not me, ever.
Glad you share a love for the IRN as well!! Post pictures of your beautiful little lutino!