newbie here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

bubbles123

newbie here

Post by bubbles123 »

Hi guys, new to here, let me tell you about myself, i am 38 years young, live in oxford uk, i have 4 birds, 2 cockatiels one talks non stop says all kinds of stuff, like i'm an eagle , good boy, pretty bird amoung several other things.. i also have 2 indian ring necks, not long had these birds, they were kept in an avary they are 4 months old, i am trying to train them and they are slowly coming round.. not heard them squark yet, but its still early days, had them about 3 days now, so patience is the key here. Looking forward to getting to know you all here, and hope to learn alot more about these wonderful birds.

Catch you all later x
slky01

Re: newbie here

Post by slky01 »

Contratulations on your babies. I have one, Lutino female IRN, 1 mated cockatiel pair and their three babies, I am currently handfeeding. Suki is now 5 months old, love her to death. I live near Seattle, WA. Not very many IRN people up here, so it's great to find this website for me.
Last edited by slky01 on Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pamela S Morgan
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello all the way from Australia, Bubbles.
Had a giggle when I read one cockatiel says, 'I'm an eagle' :lol: How cute is that.
Your ringies sound like they are making positive steps with you. Like you said, it's early days yet.
Looking forward to hearing the process.
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

Yes, time is key to taming and training your IRN into a sociable, confident little companion :) My 6 month old baby steps up, and occasionally lets me rub his beak, just for a minute. He gets more trusting and confident every day. We have to remember we are working with a WILD animal, particularly a BIRD! Which are naturally fearful for they are a prey species. Your time, dedication, consistency and love will pay off! Congrats on your new babies. And don't worry, once they are more comfortable in their new surroundings, they will show you what those vocal cords are made of! LOL my IRN was silent for weeks! Now he is the total opposite, always chattering to himself, my other bird, his toys, his reflection, name it. He's already saying "what ya doin!" except it sounds like "whatta do!"

TOOO CUUTE these birds are!