need advice with new IRN babies

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

nicola

need advice with new IRN babies

Post by nicola »

hi there, im new to this site, i have a pair of indian ringnecks that have just hatched 3 babies, they are about 2 weeks old. id love to hand raise them, however i dont know when to take them from the nest. id love them to be tame, the parents are wild and have not been handled since birth. would love any advice that anyone has to offer. i want to keep them as pets, i have 2 girls who each want one, and so do i. i had a short billed corella once, and he was so lovely and affectionate. i have heard that ringnecks are not good pets, but since reading some articles on here have come to the understanding that its how the bird is raised, which is commonsense. look forward to some much needed advice!! have a happy day :)
pinkdevil

Re: need advice with new IRN babies

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi nicola. Check out the breeding section of the forum, should be something there.
Have you handraised before? Correct temps for food, brooder etc are all important to having a healthy chick. Good luck :)