Peek a Boo !

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Sixty Fiver

Peek a Boo !

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Thought I should register and say hello... this site has been a great resource as I have recently adopted a pair of Ringnecks and for some time was kept by a wonderful African Grey Parrot named George who is now living happily with another family and is pushing 60 years old.

Lucce and Amore are a buttercup / lutino male and a powder blue female that are 5 and 9 years old that have settled well into their new home, chosen their humans, and have been nothing but little bundles of feathered joy to deal with.

I am good friends with their former owner and she stops by to visit and she says that her birds look very happy and contented here where they have more room and get a lot more attention.

Amore is quiet and reserved while Lucce is a clown and a chatterbox who's favourite game and saying is peek a boo which he will play with anyone for hours, especially my youngest daughter who he has chosen as his most preferred human.

Lucce is also more gregarious and very gentle with everyone he meets.

These two are very affectionate and bonded towards each other and have set up house in a Macaw cage which gives them tons of room and have a smaller day cage at the other end of the house where they can sun bathe and watch magpies in the early morning.

We have no plans to raise any baby ring necks at this time but understand this pair might make some very beautiful babies.
lene1949

Re: Peek a Boo !

Post by lene1949 »

Hi there

Welcome to IndianRingNeck... I'm new as well, and thought I'd reply, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of replies here in introductions.

There is a wealth of information, though..

Cheers
Lene
Melika

Post by Melika »

lene1949 wrote:Hi there

Welcome to IndianRingNeck... I'm new as well, and thought I'd reply, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of replies here in introductions.

There is a wealth of information, though..

Cheers
Lene

Aye that's true, often I don't have time but I try to make some here and there. Welcome to the board, both of you. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Images were not working when I posted the introductions and thought i would post a few pictures of Lucce and Amore... and a wee update.

Lucce...

Amore...

Such lovers... but there will be no babies here.

Since this introduction things have been going quite well save for Amore becoming excessively bonded to that handsome yellow guy who will do everything for her and she was getting more and more reclusive and avoiding human contact.

Can't blame her when you have this gorgeous guy who grooms you, kisses you, and feeds you whenever you ask.

This past week we clipped her wings enough so she can come down from the cages safely but cannot zoom the length of the house and suddenly, she is back to being her cuddly self and happily spending time with and seeking people out.

When she comes down she runs to my hand to be picked up and has been listening when I tell her it is time for bed and walks right back in the big cage and comes out just as easily.

And now Lucce takes treats from me, goes and shares them with Amore, and then comes back for his own treats.
Kimkimmy

Post by Kimkimmy »

Hello welcome, even i am new with 1 baby ringneck and one adult parakeet..lol.
Your birds are beautiful with a beautiful cage. i have been told that one need to tame a little bby so that when he grow up he know us. but you have taken them when they are adult and yet they played with you :) they are soooo cute :)
you know my parakeet-Rio, i took when he was already having his feature...in the begining he got used to me but after he don't even let me hold him...
Right now i am taming the new bby name Pumba, he is 3 weeks:) i am feeding him with a syring...nestum... he keep chirping all day lol... .
With Love,
KimKimmy
Pumpa & Rio :)
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Kim - Welcome to the forum... will look forward to seeing pics of your babies and must warn you that every time I see baby pictures I start to ponder on whether or not I will let my happy couple make some babies of their own.

:)

Here is the palace... having this much space really seems to make them happy and increases their affection for one another. Have added some extra rope perches and concrete perches since I took this picture.

The small day (and travel) cage is at the other end of the house and gives them a 30 - 40 foot fly way and I might replace that with a tall play gym.
Kimkimmy

Post by Kimkimmy »

Hello, wow such a nice cage ...thats really great....well bbies are so cute....as if its human bby. at home we walk slowly in fear to wake bby lool, to speak softly hehehhehe... well i want to update his pic but i don't know how t do this on this forum...even i can't insert a pic as my avator...

Pumba going to office with me today wow, so chirpingggggggggggggggggg chirpingggggggggggg lol...
hope to see ur two lovers soon:)
With Love,
KimKimmy
Pumpa & Rio :)
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Kimkimmy wrote:Hello, wow such a nice cage ...thats really great....well bbies are so cute....as if its human bby. at home we walk slowly in fear to wake bby lool, to speak softly hehehhehe... well i want to update his pic but i don't know how t do this on this forum...even i can't insert a pic as my avator...

Pumba going to office with me today wow, so chirpingggggggggggggggggg chirpingggggggggggg lol...
hope to see ur two lovers soon:)
Was really nice to have adopted these two from a good home and they came with both cages as well as two travel boxes... I work in fabrication and maybe one day I will set about to build a custom cage for them although the Macaw cage is more than adequate. They really spend their time in the upper two thirds of the big cage and rarely enter the small cage unless I hide treats in there for them.

Still working on the petting and scritching... Amore only lets one person do this and this was her breeder although they will tuck under my chin and give kisses and do not mind getting their beaks rubbed.

Just came back from my morning at the pet shop and the "mean" cockatiel stepped up and out for me and was perfectly happy to have me groom her for a good 30 minutes and the Plum Headed baby 'keet stepped up and out and went straight for my hoodie before she decided it was okay to come out and explore.

I joke that the birds I volunteer with have more affection and tolerate more handling but then... they are just babies.

Will be going away for a month and will miss all the babies although mine will be cared for well as they love my housemate and their "mom" is going to come and see them a few times a week and they adore her.