Newbie here!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Endlessaley

Newbie here!

Post by Endlessaley »

Hi all!
I am a new mom to a 14 week old green IRN. I have had him for 4 days and absolutely adore him! I have owned birds in the past, but have never seen so much personality in one little body! He is just amazing to watch, he is fearless, loves to eat, and play and just explore. He is filled with endless curiosity!

I live at home with my hubbie and 2 dogs, Alfie the westie and Bunny the Shihpoo. The dogs have been tolerating him very well from a distance. They dont bark at him, they just watched him for the first day or two, but now they seem to be just ignoring him. The shihpoo I allowed near him since shes really calm. The westie I dont trust yet. Any tips on introducing a bird to a terrier breed?

Also, I am looking for a name for my boy! I thought about Archie, but since the dog's name is Alfie I thought that might get confusing for them. He is definitely male (DNA sexed). I want something cute and unique but not cheesy. Any ideas?
Ill try to post pics soon.
Thanks
Aley
pinkdevil

Re: Newbie here!

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Aley, welcome and congrats on your new baby boy.
I have no tips really on introducing your terrier but did read in another post where some one suggested having the dog on a leash so at least you have some control over the situation if needed.
Name suggestions.....hmmm....maybe Patrick (being green for St Patricks Day) or Basil (again green :D ). You could see what his personality is like and try a name to suit.
Let us know what you end up calling him.
Endlessaley

Post by Endlessaley »

Thanks. The dogs are doing well with him, they both seem to just ignore him, which is good. I decided to call him Dalek (characters from Doctor Who). I love this boy!
lindajamison76

Post by lindajamison76 »

Hello !
I am a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !