Hi from Queensland, Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

countrygirl1

Hi from Queensland, Australia

Post by countrygirl1 »

Hi,

My name is Deb and I have 2 IRNs. They are now 3 years old. A male and female named Taj and Raj. Taj is grey and Raj blue. We hand raised them from 18 day old chicks. No feathers and no idea of sex.

They are adorable. Taj is the talker and Raj is the screecher. We are not breeding them as they are brother and sister. They do an amazing mating dance but no mating takes place. They live in a cage and I have wired some branches for them to climb up on, on the top of the cage. They love to chew at the branches and these can easily be replaced with new ones when needed.

They come down onto the floor for a walkabout and Taj climbs up my leg (with jeans on!) to sit on my shoulder. He only climbs up my leg!! He has just developed his ring which is black.

Love them to bits!
ellieelectrons

Re: Hi from Queensland, Australia

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi and welcome,

I am also from qld although am currently in Penang on holiday.

We have two IRNs also: Janey & Charlie. They are currently staying with my husband's parents until we return.

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Re: Hi from Queensland, Australia

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Deb. Taj and Raj sound adorable. Greys look very spiffy when they develop their ring. I have a grey I hand raised last year from one of my breeding pair, unsure of sex yet but really talks up a storm. Says tickle tickle tickle, hello, whachya doin', and now coughs from when we had the flu a month ago. :lol: