Carla - From Canada

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Melon

Carla - From Canada

Post by Melon »

Hi Everyone, I'm Carla. I've recently purchased a Lutino Ringneck about 11 weeks old. I'm not sure of the sex just yet. I have owned a lutino lovebird for 6 years and a green cheek conure for 4. They are the joys of my day, my babies.

I have read tremendous amount on bluffing. My Lovebird Mango is a sweetheart with me but will bite everyone else around her that tries to touch her. Cherry, my GCC is very similar, will only go on my Mom or me.... although if you have food he'll be sure to beg for it. Mango is a very jealous parrot, very - she only bites me if she's jealous specially if i'm interacting with Cherry(GCC).

I'm quite nervous about the bluffing stage. But will keep you posted.

This forum is amazing been following it for a good 2 weeks. Thanks for all the help and support.

Carla and Melon, Mango & Cherry
julie

Re: Carla - From Canada

Post by julie »

Hi Carla welcome to the board. With the bluffing it helps to start teaching them early with things like no and what the different tones in your voice mean. My little terror pinky knows pretty well now at around 11 months old.When he bluffs (its not just a one off thing) i can say a stern no pinky and he backs away,if I say oi he snatches what he isnt supposed to have and high tails it.He can tell by my tone of voice what I want him to do or in the oi case which is a natural response to catching him (stealing puzzle peices) he runs cause he knows I will take it off him.
pinkdevil

Re: Carla - From Canada

Post by pinkdevil »

Hey Carla, welcome to the forum. :D