New to forum

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Tara and bob

New to forum

Post by Tara and bob »

Hello, my name is Tara I have recently purchased a indian ringneck parakeet. I have always been a birdlover have had in the past finches, cockatiels, cockatoo's and now the Indian ringneck. It is a male and only 4 months old. When we first got him he was a little skiddish but got to know me quick. The past few days he is getting aggressive and wanting to bite. Needless to say took a chunk out of my finger. I don't understand why now he is going backwards instead of forward with the friendliness. If anyone who could give me suggestions on what I need to do to get him out of this stage it would be much appreciated . I want to be able to Hold my IRN and love on him. I am new to this forum and still learning the ropes somplease bare with me during this..

Thanks everyone
Tara
pinkdevil

Re: New to forum

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Tara, welcome to the forum.

I agree with Ariahna, positive rewards for the behaviour you are after. I believe clicker training to be of benefit as well. I trained a few of my birds to do simple tricks using this method.
There are a lot of videos on youtube that show how clicker training works.

Also if you check out the 'behaviour and training section' of the forum, there could be something there to help you.

Good luck.