Hello from New York

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

landolakes

Hello from New York

Post by landolakes »

Hello my name Lando and I have kept many birds my whole life. I just adopted a few weeks ago a nice 8 year old male ringneck. He was given up because he became aggressive and pulled his feathers, he has stopped pulling his feathers and has a bunch of what look like down feathers coming in. He will climb on my finger now and loves to flirt with my tiel girl. My question is what can I do to help him grow back his feathers?
Azure

Re: Hello from New York

Post by Azure »

hello!
there is nothing that would help him too much, those things that are coming in are called pin feathers, they will grow in soon, there is nothing to worry about except for more pulling.
Welcome to the forum, learn lots, bond well and have fun :D
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
pinkdevil

Re: Hello from New York

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome Lando.
The only thing I can think of is to provide your bird with fruit and vegies to help him have nice and healthy feathers. Not sure if you can quicken the process any though, just let nature take its course I guess. :)