Hi, from Fladder and me:)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

fladder

Hi, from Fladder and me:)

Post by fladder »

Got my beautiful IRN yesterday! I was so excited to meet him. He is somewhere between 6 and 8 months and is slightly nippy. Everybody warned me that he might not come to me for a while, bbut luckily that is not the case with my boy :D He was nervous yesterday, but loosened up this morning. he started calling to me when I left the room and peeks around the corner to where he can see my door. This afternoon I was mildly surprised to find him out of his cage and exploring my room. (his wings are clipped) He's been sitting on my shoulder and head since then, he looks totally relaxed and seems to be very nosy. :) He seems to be much happier with me than with his previous owner as he is actually looking after himself, ( he was very dirty when I bought him.) he looks much better now.
Any ideas what I can give to him as treats? I would love to spoil my baby some more :D
pinkdevil

Re: Hi, from Fladder and me:)

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi fladder, welcome to the ringie family. :P
What colour is your ringie and what is his name?
That is great he has accepted you and make himself at home already.
I feed my birds fruit and veg as treats. Also popped unsalted, uncoloured natural popcorn is another popular choice. My birds also love things to shred and chew, plus bright coloured bird toys.
Have fun bonding and getting to know your bird.
fladder

Re: Hi, from Fladder and me:)

Post by fladder »

Hi :) My ringneck is called Fladder (my names Anri) he's a gorgeous green colour.
He was tense again yesterday, but this morning he was all over me again. I opened up his cage and fell asleep by accident. Fladder jumped off his cage and came to find out why I wasn't giving him attention.
I give him lot's of fruit and veggies and will try the popcorn on him as soon as we pop a fresh batch:)
He's quietly sitting on my shoulder now and watching my hands on the keyboard, but his mood changes very quickly, any idea why? :?:
Also, why does he grind his beak?