Hi :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

skyeskye

Hi :)

Post by skyeskye »

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new lutino IRN Ariel. Me and my partner are new to IRN's and we bought her a few days ago from a breeder who hand-raised her but failed to sell her at weaning age due to the floods (we live in Brisbane). She was born last November and despite being hand-raised because she was to her own devices for a little bit she is quite timid. We also believe she is going through a 'bluffing' stage due to her age and the fact she is quite aggressive and 'bitey'. This doesn't bother us too much though as she needs time to settle in and we are sure she will be a lovely bird in the months to come. We only plan to have the one bird too so we hope she will bond really well with us.

These are some pictures of her and her cage and toys (which we bought from Pet City). We are still adding things here and there to make it a really fun and comfortable place for her. The top is open all the time when we are at home too so she is able to come out and sit on top, etc.

At the moment she is eating seed (we are going to change her to pellets) and a variety of fruit and vegetables. We have been giving her things like apple, strawberries and dry cereal in the morning and peas, baby carrots, string beans and corn at night. She eats everything we give her which is great and we have also been giving her air popped popcorn as a treat.

Here are those pics!

SCB -SA

Re: Hi :)

Post by SCB -SA »

You have a beautiful baby there, and so spoilt with such a lovely cage!

Was she DNA (just from the fact you call her a she)

Warning! You may say now you only plan on having one (thats what i said, and i now have 9!)
but they creep into your heart and are such characters sometimes you cant help but want another!
Azure

Post by Azure »

that is just gorgous! i hope you have fun with her and any others to come!

welcome and have fun on this site :D
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
skyeskye

Post by skyeskye »

Thanks guys! :)

Yep she did come with DNA certificate which saves us the long wait to see if she develops a ring hehe :)
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

Wow she is beautiful. I have two Ringnecks. See you around.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww beautiful .. I love the lutino's , you have a wonderful little girl there. Welcome to the family
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Welcome to the forum
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi and welcome

Our lutino was hand raised in a petstore too and was quite scared of us when we brought him home. We persevered with him and he has tamed quite nicely and loves mimicking me! With time and patience, I'm sure you will get there.

I notice your cage is on the floor in the picture. If this is where you normally keep the bird, I would consider raising it off the floor so the bird is more comfortable.

Ellie.
KateDaring52

Post by KateDaring52 »

Hi, I am Kate Daring from USA just join this community need your welcome hope that i ll gain so much from here