The Crazy Bird Lady

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

everything_changes87

The Crazy Bird Lady

Post by everything_changes87 »

This is what my friends now call me. It started with being reunited with my Senegal Parrot Calista who I'd been missing for 5 years. I bought her in high school. She was very aggressive with everyone, so I got her for a steal of 150 dollars at 2 years old. And she was extremely aggressive...with everyone except me. She never once bit me, but no one else could even get near her.

My boyfriend that I moved in with after high school sold her while I was gone one day, and 5 years later, the people that had her finally had to sell her back to me because they got military orders to leave and couldn't take her.

Then while looking for a cage stand for her on CL, I came across my first IRN. I got Delilah about two weeks ago from a woman who was moving and couldn't take her along. I was told she was hatched in March of 09 and had been handtamed, but wasn't worked with in a long time. My guess is that she went through her "bluffing" stage and they stopped bothering with her. So I brought her home with me for 50 dollars. I'll post my progress with her in the taming board.

I also recently acquired two parakeets, one of which is so scared of people it flies to the other side of the cage when you come near it. And two just weaned parrotlets.

I work from home so I have plenty of time to spend with the babies. They hang out with me on perches around my computer while I am working, and in the living room or kitchen with me when I'm off. I also have two doggies who have accepted the birdies as their feathered siblings.
Azure

Re: The Crazy Bird Lady

Post by Azure »

well you have many birds and seem to be on good terms to be with them! may be you should be the "Crazy Bird Friend"?

welcome to the forum, have fun and have a great time! post some pictures of your flock too! :)
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

hahaha crazy bird lady.....

Welcome to the forum and to all your birdies to. :D
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

Hi, I am a crazy bird lady too, I have 2 dogs and a cat and a fish tank. lol I love them all.