Hey new to the site just need some tips

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Kiwi.k

Hey new to the site just need some tips

Post by Kiwi.k »

Hey people got my indian ringneck two weeks ago the guy I bought it off said he was 4 weeks then so he's about 6 weeks the guy fed him mashed bananas so I done some research and read that I needed to give it formula however I couldnt find any and so fed him different types of blended fruits that they would eat mangos, strawberries bananas etc he seems fine so far as he's sleeping on my arm right now lol just wondering if what I'm feeding him is ok oh and I was told by the pet store to also give him seeds any tips would be helpful
guiseuppi

Re: Hey new to the site just need some tips

Post by guiseuppi »

I am genuinely no expert but you ought to be able to get baby parrot formula at just about ANY pet store. I am 3 weeks into hand feeding my first IRN a and it's pretty incredible. I referred to http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... ?f=1&t=799 and it led to total success
misty

Post by misty »

You definitely need to get a feeding formula. You can get at any pet shop ( Petsmart, Petco, Pet supplies plus.. ext. It should be by the parrot food.) Or you can get color free pelets an put them in a blender to make a fine powder an use that with worm water mix to a consistency a bit thinner then pancake batter. You can mix that with the baby foods. Do not make to thick.
The vets I've worked with recommend pelets color free (50%) with some seed (20%) and fresh friut an veggies (30%)
Good luck. I hope this helps :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi kiwi, how is your baby doing?