Find myself with 2 adorable baby ringnecks

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

autumn

Find myself with 2 adorable baby ringnecks

Post by autumn »

Hello to everybody. I live in the middle east and have found myself with 2 baby ringnecks (an inlaw got them from somewhere and then realized they have no idea what to do. Shop will not take them back, etc.). I have hand fed baby birds in the distant past and have cared for parrots at times but an not an expert by any means! The tedious and tiring aspects of handfeeding are not a problem for me but I am not familar with these birds. For example, I found out from this site that they are very intelligent and can talk. I will be looking through the site to learn what I can but if anybody has any advice for me please do not be shy! :D
dotfish

Re: Find myself with 2 adorable baby ringnecks

Post by dotfish »

Welcome to IndianRingNeck site, Best of luck with Ur new babies. Me too having a 8 week old Alex baby with me, I am hand feeding him and he is doing quite good. I wish U good luck. Take good care of them and do post the progress.
solobaby

Post by solobaby »

they are great birds, but they need to be handled often in order to be tamed and remain tame.
autumn

Post by autumn »

Thanks for your messages. It is nice to find this group. I am trying to learn all I can. So far we are doing well. One of the babies looked pretty tired when he came yesterday. His/her eyes were small and not bright-well a couple of one on one feds and that little guy/gal is bright eyed and ready to go! That certainly encouraged me! Luckily the food that was given with them was the Kaytee Exact which I keep reading is the best. I hope to have a couple of friendly cuties to show off in the near future. Best of luck with handraising Alex as well.