Hi everybody!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

LiveWire

Hi everybody!

Post by LiveWire »

Hello!
Love this site and am learning so much.

On Monday my breeder called to tell me she had 3 one week old babies and asked if I was interested in one. YES! The past 3 days have gone by sooooo slow. This will be a long 5 weeks :cry:

So anyway that's my story... Is is May yet?

Now?

how a bout now?
Last edited by LiveWire on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCB -SA

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by SCB -SA »

You do realise at 6 weeks old they are not weaned and unless you have previoius experience in hand raising it is not recommended!

What colour baby are you getting?
They are such amazing pets :-)

Do you havea ny other birds?
LiveWire

Post by LiveWire »

SCB -SA wrote:You do realise at 6 weeks old they are not weaned and unless you have previoius experience in hand raising it is not recommended!

What colour baby are you getting?
They are such amazing pets :-)

Do you havea ny other birds?

Yes I have hand feed several birds including my last IRN :) whom I had to give up do to illness (mine not hers). I was going to try to get her back but she is now in a huge aviary surrounded by several other ringnecks.

I don't know the color yet the breeder will be pulling this weekend and at 5 weeks will be DNA testing. The cock is cobalt and the hen is turquoise.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

G'day and yes, it is officially April, so down hill now. :P :lol:
LiveWire

Post by LiveWire »

It's driving me crazy. Web sites like Ebay are no help. I have been buying toys, and foraging supplies the little guy won't even be able to use for at least another two months. lol I have a month to go before I get him and have already stocked up on human baby food, sprouting seeds, formula, frozen veggies and went as far as planting millet in the veggie garden. Doubtful any of the wild ringnecks in the area will leave any millet left over though :wink:
Melika

Post by Melika »

Welcome to the board! We eagerly await with you. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay