Hello!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Cassie

Hello!

Post by Cassie »

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently been made a proud new mommy of a 10 week old Ringneck.

She has been hand raised so is very used to me handling her and being out of her cage.

Thing is, no matter where I look, I can’t find any literature on this bird species. Diet, taming, cages, gender ect ect.
Plus I've never owned a bird before... :oops:

I do hope I have better luck here with raising my baby! :)
SCB -SA

Re: Hello!

Post by SCB -SA »

hi ask anything you like, you will get alot of help here, and basic info is under the various categorises, so have a browse and a read and see, if you have specific questions relating to your new baby, just ask, and provided the q is under the correct category there is always someone (like me!) to answer any qqueries, and even if we dont know we offer advice and find out!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Cassie.

Aaawwwww....gotta love new babies. What colour is s/he?

There is a section on this forum called 'IRN diet and housing'. I am sure you will find plenty of info to kick you off to a great start. Also if you just take a look at this forums site www.indianringneck.com you will find a drop down menu on the right hand side of the page with articles similar to what you are looking for. :)
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

check out austrailian birdkeeper magazine website i think it's ABKpublications.com they have a lot of informational books also in the US at avianpublications.com and if your really interested there is a book called asiatic parrots and their mutations by bastiaan that you will find at the aust. birdkeeper site but you can get it at ringneckmutations.com from mark jones for alot cheaper i'm in the US and i got it from mark shipping included for less than the books price at ABK :lol: hope this helps mike