HI

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kaz786

HI

Post by kaz786 »

HI I AM NEW TO THIS WEBSITE AS I WAS TOLD BY A LOVELY PERSON FROM YOUTUBE AND DECIDED TO REGISTER SOOO I BROUGHT A LOVELY YELLOW MUTATION INDIAN RINGNECK AND I WOULD LIKE INFO HOPE TO TALK TO YOU AND HELP WITH ADVICE AS I AM ONLY A NEW PET OWNER ...... MAYBE PEOPLE CAN GIVE ME TIPS OR ADVICE ON TAMING THE CUTIE HOWVER I AM ALSO CONFUSED BY THE TAIL ,,,,, IT SEEMS TO BE ALL SCRUFFY OR PROBZ BITTEN A FEW LONG ONES HAVE FALLEN OFF AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SHALL I DO?
SCB -SA

Re: HI

Post by SCB -SA »

hi and welcome, please tell us a little more about you rnew pet so we can advice you correctly?
male/female?
age, sex, is it tame, was it in with other birds?

May be a moult causing it to look scruffy, could be an illness or could just be other birds that damaged the feathers as well.
kaz786

Post by kaz786 »

Its a female and was with a male at the pet store not shure about age and is not hand tamed and never been handled
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Kaz786, welcome. :)

There are a few people on the forum who have had success with quietening down aviary bred birds. If you use the search function you may be able to find a link to the threads and hopefully be of some help.

From most of the petshops I have been in, birds usually do end up with scruffy feathers, especially the longer tailed birds, birds who are in small over crowded cages or been there for a while.
Plus not being a tame bird would have her a bit extra flighty with people walking in and out the shop all day.

Depending on where you are located, she could be going through a moult or she may have parasites being in constant contact with new birds.