HI new member

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ky-woman

HI new member

Post by ky-woman »

Hi all, I'm a new member, and a new IRN owner as of 3 hours ago. He is awesome. Still young. Has been nibbling on apple so far and a few toys. Seems to be adjusting so far. He is blue with a little grey. I haven't yet decided on a name, but am thinking about going with Victor maybe. He hasn't explored the lower part of the cage yet, but has checked out the upper level so far.

Haven't tried to approach him yet. Just letting him get used to his new surroundings. He is preening himself right now, and may gave him a little misting, he seems to like that.

Oh wow, I'm so thrilled! I put a piece of granola on his apple and he's eating it...whoopee! He likes it wooo hooo... If he's comfortable enough to eat he must not be too awfully scared. He's doing better than I expected. Just glad he's eating and playing with the toys :o)

My other bird is a Senegal I've had for a year and half. Very tame and awesome. His name is Mr. Doodles or Miss...I'n not for sure,,,need to get a dna test, but it doesn't matter I guess.

Just been enjoying this forum and all the great stories and info.

wishing everyone wellness and luck

Denise
Attachments
Picture 40.jpg
Picture 40.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
ImageImage
ky-woman

Re: HI new member

Post by ky-woman »

Update; He has become more active and looking for an escape hatch lol. Chirped a few also. Just bedded them down. He has a lot to get used to. Like a covered cage at night and new foods. The pet store fed just pellets and seeds on alternate days. He was staying in the center but now comes to the sides and corners and bottom of cage. during day will be close to me by my desk and at night wheeled to the far end of the room.

I'm worn out and ready to rest. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Attachments
Picture 42.jpg
Picture 42.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
Picture 19.jpg
Picture 19.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
ImageImage
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hi and Welcome to the board! Glad to see someone that lives close to me :) I live in southern Ohio near Cincee!

Donna :)
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the forum to you and your fids .. glad you are taking it slow and letting him/her settle in for a while :-)

Welcome to the Family
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ky-woman

Post by ky-woman »

update; OMG, he took a treat thru the bars from my hand for first time. Hurray! I can't believe it! I'm so pleased with that. He's been chattering this morning also. He watches me when Doodles sits on my shoulder. Hoping Doodles will help with taming by observing. He's checking out toys. I made one that holds wadded up newspaper ...he likes it. He appears very calm and comfortable. Doesn't seem a bit nervous or stressed. Loving it! :D
ImageImage
ky-woman

Post by ky-woman »

Donna wrote:Hi and Welcome to the board! Glad to see someone that lives close to me :) I live in southern Ohio near Cincee!

Donna :)
I lived near there most of my life in Northern Ky between Covington and Florence. Now I'm way down south near Tennessee.
When I got my Senegal I was wanting an IRN but the pet store owner couldn't find one at the time, but he had Doodles who was pre-owned by a local woman and was very tame and loving, so I adopted him. He is my best buddy indeed. Pretty near perfect.
A couple months ago he traded a gray for for several birds among which 2 IRN , a white female and blue male. I tried to resist getting another bird but that longing for an IRN would not go away. So here he is. He seems to have a outgoing personality.

He has taken food from my hand twice now...very good sign I think
ImageImage
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of ringies. :)

It is great he has settled in with little or no fuss.

I do feel that birds learn from watching others as I have 2 parent reared Rainbow Lorikeets and have placed them in the aviary with their tame siblings from previous clutches. As the other 2 are tame, they fly to me and we have a little game of wrestle. The 2 parent reared birds have been watching and now fly on me and have also allowed me to tickle them for short bursts.

Good luck with your new addition. :)
ky-woman

Post by ky-woman »

pinkdevil wrote:Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of ringies. :)

It is great he has settled in with little or no fuss.

I do feel that birds learn from watching others as I have 2 parent reared Rainbow Lorikeets and have placed them in the aviary with their tame siblings from previous clutches. As the other 2 are tame, they fly to me and we have a little game of wrestle. The 2 parent reared birds have been watching and now fly on me and have also allowed me to tickle them for short bursts.

Good luck with your new addition. :)
Thanks :D I love this site and all the good advice and great birdie stories :P
ImageImage
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

hi , welcome! i sure understand "that longing for an IRN" as i had the same problem. i have had mine 2weeks now and she is slowly getting used to her new home.
i also have a Senegal named Marnie, she is quite the character! from your pic, it looks to me like Doodles is a boy. the females green "V" ususally goes all the way down the front where as the males have a much shorter "V".
here is a pic of Marnies' chest
ky-woman

Post by ky-woman »

Hi and thanks. I think you're right. He also has no green in that tail area.
Marnie is very lovely. What's her personality like?
Doodles is not much for toys and scared of new objects. Also doesn't want his stuff moved when he's in his cage, so I make sure he is not in there when I have to change something or remove a food cup. Normally he never bites unless I break that rule, then he will lunge. After all it is his castle LOL. He loves to cuddle and petting. His most used word is come mere.
I may have to clip his wings though to keep him from flying over to Victors' cage. He's had flight since his last molt this past summer.
Much luck to you with your IRN. Have you named your new one yet?
I hope to get a better picture of Victor soon outside of his cage.

Thanks for your comment.
ImageImage