"Olá" fellow bird lovers =)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MariaPMC

"Olá" fellow bird lovers =)

Post by MariaPMC »

My name's Maria, I'm from Portugal (;
I'm a proud owner of 2 aldult zebra finches and their, one month old, baby :) plus 8 eggs on the way eheh; also I got 2 male budgies which are a couple and i adore them; a 3months old Cockatiel (I saw her being pecked by older cockatiels and just felt I had to keep her and make her feel safe and loved); and ofc my IRN.
I joined in 'cause i'm new in this IRN thing and he's by far the most complex bird i've delt with. My budgies are hand tamed, and so, my goal will be to also hand tame my Cockatiel (no name yet) and my IRn (Darwin), so they feel more confortable around me and be more relaxed around my house and not be contained inside bars.

Hope you'll be able to answer my questions, 'cause i'll probably will have loads in the near future. :P
ellieelectrons

Re: "Olá" fellow bird lovers =)

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Maria

Welcome to the forum.

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome from me as well Maria.

What colour is your cockatiel? Lucky you were able to give him/her a home so not to be picked on. :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

"Olá" and welcome to the family :mrgreen: You are in for a real treat, ups and downs, but there is nothing like having parrots as pets :-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

MariaPMC

Post by MariaPMC »

=) hey hey

i think my ringneck plays hide and seek with me xD i've been doing "peekabu" and he hides behind my dvd's and on the "bu" he peeks lol so cute!

pinkdevil, my cockatiel is grey, her wings are white at the tip and her head is grey/yellow not sure if its just cause she's young, she looks a bit trampy atm :P but she's cute and she's not as afraid of me as much. altho my IRN doenst like her to eat from the same bowl at the same time. but that's the only time she gets treatened and rarely bitten. =) they're sat near to eachother all the time, but they dont talk too much XD or interect, which is wierd, guess they need more time to get used to eachother then to me

my fingers are all bitten XD need to get gloves