Hello from Las Vegas

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Zananv

Hello from Las Vegas

Post by Zananv »

Hello everyone,

My name is Suzana and i'm a proud owner of an IRN named Beeker. He/or she is now only 4 1/2 months and just a doll. A little handshy, but working on building the trust and making great progress. Beeker has just really started exploring newer foods and LOVES all peppers and sweet potatoes. I can't get Beeker to eat apples to save his life though. :( He even likes quince!!!

Nice to meet you all :)
Attachments
Beeker at 4 1/2 months old
Beeker at 4 1/2 months old
rosemaryalice

Re: Hello from Las Vegas

Post by rosemaryalice »

Hi and welcome to the site. There is so much useful information here. He is a beautiful bird. I have 3 and am getting a 4th next week. They are all really different and like completely different foods. All of them like apples and pod peas, they like pasta, sweet red peppers 2 like, one doesn't, peanut butter on bread 2 like, they love corn on the cob sliced into rounds they can eat like a sandwich, 2 love to shred broccoli into little pieces and eat some of it I give them fresh food when I make breakfast and dinner and they pick and choose what they like. Its fun to watch them check it out!
Zananv

Post by Zananv »

oh and that cute "head sideways look" like....should i try it? should i not? and the first thing that always happens after the first bite is the head shake....then it's more like...head sideways...should i try it again? :)

there were 4 birds there when I got Beeker, the 3 others were not handshy at all, but were nippy, one even cut me badly with a hard bite. Beeker doesn't bite...ever. never has, but just a little timid :)

I'll have to try the corn on the cobs....

Thanks for such a warm welcome :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome, Suzana. Beeker sounds like a doll. They really have a way to suck you in. :)
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Hi and Welcome....!!
I very nearly called my IRN the same name!! :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family Suzana and Beeker what a little sweetie pie you have there :)

xo
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless