My new friend

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

barrietopley

My new friend

Post by barrietopley »

Hi everyone I bought a grey indian ringnck for my mother, but unfortunately she found him too noisy for her as she is getting on in years so I decided to have him myself, I already have an African Grey who is 15 years old and I have had him?? since he was a baby. He's a good talker and having (peter) my ringneck doesn't seem to have bothered him in the slightest. Now to the ringneck (peter) by the way my parrots name is (woody) peter is very nervous and shy at the moment but I have only had him for 1 day, he screaches a lot but not been able to handle him as yet so am open to any advice. yours Barrie.
daniele

Re: My new friend

Post by daniele »

I'm happy to give you my two cents but when it comes down to raising ringnecks i'm totally wingin' it... :P

I don't know if it's good advice but my birds didn't really do much when we got them home on the first day. I think they were a little too young to squawk.. Sprocket just sort of sat there and Morph just kept running away. On day two the three of us just sat in bed all day and watched 'The Hills'.. after that they were sweet. :D

grain of salt. :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Well it is early days and its going to take a while (at least a month) for him to settle into a new environment. To begin giving advice would be hard until we know a bit more as there is so many different tacts to take all dependant on the bird. Was he tame, handled by your mum, was he hand raised, how long did she have him, was he inside or outside, what was his diet like at mums, how old approx. and anything else you can think of that may be relevant.

Nice of you to take him in :-)

and Welcome to the family !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Barrie.

I hope your new feathery friend settles in for you. It will take a bit of time, it is all new to him, sights, sounds, routines etc.

Good luck with it all. :)