IRN Fan Saying Hi & Shows off the newest family member <3

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Becks

IRN Fan Saying Hi & Shows off the newest family member <3

Post by Becks »

Hi All,,

Just came across this site while looking for IRN info.. And though i'd sign up

I've been a long time IRN Fan..
I had a Yellow girl for 6 years.. She was my baby! But sadly flew away one day while she was having a bath..
She tried to follow me around to the clothes line.. But once she got up in the air just couldn't stop.. :(

It took me a while to get over my loss.. And After my housemates IRN became quite loud without a friend..
I decided to get another one.

I've always been quite fond of the blues..
So i picked up this little Baby 2 days ago! My blue 8 week old "Cookie"
Cookie is settling in VERY well. And is very attentive! Cookie steps up almost every time, loves he's food and it very friendly :)

Here are some pics of my New Member of the family "Cookie" And my Lost IRN "Sunny" (MISS YOU everyday My Little SUNNY!!)
Attachments
&quot;Cookie&quot; &amp; Noddy (Housemates IRN)
"Cookie" & Noddy (Housemates IRN)
&quot;Cookie&quot;
"Cookie"
Sunny_2.JPG
Sunny_1.jpg
dog_glenn123

Re: IRN Fan Saying Hi & Shows off the newest family member <

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Very nice! n i love your creamino! :mrgreen: (which is what sunny was sorry to hear you lost her)
I have a pair breeding now and im hoping they have one!

Welcome and the site is really good lots of helpful people!

Thanks Glenn
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your loss of Sunny. Blues are one of my favourites, there are so many colours its hard to choose just one.

Regards

Shane
daniele

Post by daniele »

Becks wrote:I had a Yellow girl for 6 years.. She was my baby! But sadly flew away one day while she was having a bath..
She tried to follow me around to the clothes line.. But once she got up in the air just couldn't stop.. :()

:o So sad! Did you have her wings clipped?

Welcome to the site! Everyone is super friendly and they share the best advice, it is the best here! :P
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Becks

Welcome to the forum. Cookie is adorable! Sorry to hear about Sunny.

Nice to have another Queenslander on the forum.

Ellie.
Becks

Post by Becks »

WOW!! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :D

Yeah I used to make sure Sunny's wings were always trimmed, As she was always out and about around the house somewhere, and LOVED having a bath outside (See pic) lol And i guess time just time just passed between clippings and they got just that little bit too long :(

Cookie is going through his "Gotta Be on the Highest Point" Stage lol Even if that means climbing up mums face to get on her head lol

He's super smart too.. He was trying to sit on top of our lounge when he just couldn't make it up there from my shoulder.. He then Spotted my housemate sitting next to me with her hair down.. So he makes his way off me.. Onto my housemates arm, up onto her shoulder and after a bit of a struggle he climbs up her hair and finally gets to the top! lol

Thanks again everyone! 8)
Hope your all having a good week!
Attachments
Sunny in the Bath With Noddy Keeping watch..
Sunny in the Bath With Noddy Keeping watch..
Sunny.jpg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

That's a gorgeous pic. Thanks for sharing it.

How does your room mate's bird like Cookie?

Ellie
Becks

Post by Becks »

ellieelectrons wrote:That's a gorgeous pic. Thanks for sharing it.

How does your room mate's bird like Cookie?

Ellie

Noddy (Housemates IRN) just LOVES babies haha
Although he was a bit taken back by the fact that Cookie isn't scared of anything or anyone.. So he'll often just walk right up to noddy and suss out what he's doing.. Little Sticky beak lol
daniele

Post by daniele »

Becks wrote:Yeah I used to make sure Sunny's wings were always trimmed, As she was always out and about around the house somewhere, and LOVED having a bath outside (See pic) lol And i guess time just time just passed between clippings and they got just that little bit too long :(
How heart breaking. :( I think they surprise themselves (and us) sometimes when they realize what they're capable of!
Becks wrote:Cookie is going through his "Gotta Be on the Highest Point" Stage lol Even if that means climbing up mums face to get on her head lol
Your baby sounds around the same age as my babies! Around 2 months old?!?? We clipped their wings last week and I gotta say.. as traumatic as it was.. I'm really getting off on how much they've come to 'depend' on mum to get up nice and high. They step up without a moments hesitation and it is bloody awesome! I didn't realize Sprocket had got up on me head when I was hanging out the washing last night and the next thing I look over and there is this bird hanging upside down from the clothes line. Priceless. :D

Look forward to hearing more about Cookie's adventures! :D
angela74

Post by angela74 »

welcome to the site im new to this site myself im from mackay i had a handraised lime green and yellow lacewing he was great (i raised him myself) and he liked to climb up the curtain to get away from the kids i was outside one day and my daughter (5) at the time wanted to hold him and poked him with the broom to get him too come down (they also had the fans on ) he flew into the fan and had his wing amputated i took him too the vet they tried to help but we thought it best to put him down. not much life for a bird with one wing it was very upsetting. also a lot of other things that could go wrong infection,anasetic, shock you name it ...His name was aussie anyway chat later from angela
louieirn

Post by louieirn »

Hi! From Florida, USA. I have a great bird pal in Australia.

Your Sunny is so pretty, I had not seen a creamino. So sad about you loosing her. I see the picture of her enjoying an outside bath and it looks wonderful but I have to admit it looks very scary. I can feel how heart broken you were & are when she flew away and I know I would be absolutely devastated if that ever happened with my Louie, so I just would not (even if safe) take the chance.

If mine go outside it is in a screened in patio and even then, feeling they are safe, I can't leave them alone. I have had friends & have heard so many sad, sad stories of their parrots flying away that even though I keep Louie's wings clipped & would love to walk outside with him on my shoulder, I stop myself and don't.

I am so glad you could open up your heart again and allow your new beautiful blue baby into your life!! Have fun & enjoy!! (I know you will)
Attachments
Louie (lutino) &amp; Libby playing on the screened patio.
Louie (lutino) & Libby playing on the screened patio.
LOUIE, LIBBY & MIMI (mom)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hiya Becks.

Sorry about your little girl taking flight. Always heatbreaking. :(

Cookie looks so sweet. Love the baby look.....and the snoozing photo. Typical babies, always nap time. :lol:
Becks

Post by Becks »

Thanks for all your reply's 8)

daniele - Yeah Cookie is the same age as your babies!! haha And it's funny you mention the clothes line.. I was only doing the same thing last week haha
Where ever the highest point is... You'll find Cookie haha

angela74 - So sorry to hear about your Aussie.. :(
Do you have another bird? I know it took me a long time to get another bird after losing Sunny.

louieirn - I would Soooooo love an screened area outside for them to play! Im constantly worrying about their surroundings outside while they're out there.. And always have a close eye on them now. Libby And Louie are Beautiful!! <3

pinkdevil - haha He is a typical Baby.. And now LOVES his mummy!! hahaha
Have to keep taking as many pics as i can.. AS i know he wont stay a baby for too long lol

Hope everyone's having a great week! :wink:
Becks

Post by Becks »

Doing What Cookie does best.. :)
Attachments
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww sleepy pic, its a hard life for a baby ringy .. lol .. I too am sorry to hear about your baby taking flight. But the new babe looks so cute and settling in well with your rommies bird.

Welcome to the family.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

squeek

Post by squeek »

so sad can't imagine what I,ll do when squeek(green RNP) passes away. On the bright side I don't ever think he will fly away he's life is too good i dont have him clipped cos he likes flying. But ur new blue is gorg xx
Becks

Post by Becks »

Thanks everyone 8)
Cookie has started to go to work with my housemate and her IRN "Noddy" (She works at a pet shop, So they have their own cage and play pen to hang out in and play with the customers lol)

Here's some pics of Cookie and Noddy chilling on the grass together lol
Attachments
Cookie_3.jpg
Cookie_2.jpg
Cookie_1.jpg
Melika

Post by Melika »

You have a beautiful pair of birds there. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Love the outdoor shots.

Mot of my indoor birds are fully flighted so unless they are in a cage, they do not go outside.
I am thinking of harness training my newest baby, (a 'keeper' I bred and am raising), so she can have her wings for indoor flights but still be able to take her outside. Onlything I am concerned about is we have quite a few predatory birds here who sometimes do give my aviary birds a bit of a hard time. :evil: